Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • wags700
    1,741 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2021 5:50 PM

Steady 63 for me this week.

This has been great fun. I have been playing this weekly long before this competition but this tournament has given it a new enjoyment.

Thank you.

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2021 5:55 PM

A good round last week saw me move up the leaderboard but knowing I'll still need 2 great rounds to get near the podium & then it was announced it's Pebble Beach (probably one of my 3-4 least favourite courses) this week & I thought oh well it was fun while it lasted & then after seeing some of the early scores I knew I can just go out & enjoy the round as the leaders zoomed away in the distance (Bumma I was hoping to get my name onto one of the news updates LOL) & I probably need to shoot 60 (I doubt I could do off the red tees with no winds on flat greens) to get within striking distance.

I'm happy to say I walked off the 18th with a bogey free round of 65. Started off missing makeable putts if I was in my best putting form on 1st 2 holes I thought it's going to be one of those days but then birdies the next 4 holes before a couple of edge burners to turn at 4 under. The back 9 saw another 3 birds but probably 3-4 more missed chances.

Bring on next week which will unfortunately bring this tour to an end :( Good Luck to all players & a massive Thanks to Brett for organising & keeping us all updated & I certainly hope it is run again next year.

• almancini
    203 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2021 6:56 PM

Almost predetermined to have 1 bad round and this was it!75 for almancini Good luck to everybody.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2021 9:29 PM

Iconic Pebble Beach. For the first 6+ holes I had to check the name in the upper right corner. 7 heartbeat approaches, -8 through 6 and the tee shot on 7  4ft from the hole. But I missed the putt and the magic was broken. 8 through 14 were polite pars but I found the magic again on the final four, finishing with the third eagle of the round on 18. Great fun to play like this. Doesn't happen often.

So, Wk 48 18 HSP Pebble Beach - 59

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving or whatever holiday you celebrate.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2021 6:43 AM

Week 48 / Pebble Beach / 65 (-7)

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2021 7:05 AM

marcfive pushes the lead to -19 with another fantastic round...

JBIII9 & AlaskaDame continue to give chase at -16 and -14...

almancini is still out on the course at -14...

DufferJohn7 has the low score of the 3rd round with a 65. He joins a host of others trying to maintain contact with the leaders.

Player Total
    -6 marcfive -19
    -10 JBIII9 -16

AlaskanDame -14

almancini -14

BStanley6 -11

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2021 3:17 AM

BPeterson8256:

This Tour is open for ALL WGT players. All you need to do is: 1) Reply here that you want to be part of the tour 2) Play each week in the weekly "18-Hole Single Play" tournament 3) post your score on this post after you play.

Hey Brett, are you going to run the SS Tour again in 2022? Even without any prizes, I’d happily enter this Tour again

Paul

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2021 7:27 AM

paulgreen79:

Hey Brett, are you going to run the SS Tour again in 2022? Even without any prizes, I’d happily enter this Tour again

Paul

The short answer is no. I have enjoyed doing this, but it has been a lot of work.

Long answer: This Tour has been only a shadow of what I wanted to do. I envisioned holding tournaments within my country club and just having players stop by to play each week before returning to their home club. That idea was rejected hard, especially by club owners. Additionally, WGT is not set up to let that happen. As soon as you leave the club your tournament would be forfeited. I then reached out to WGT and to a couple of the WGT reps in the forums to try and get a little assistance setting up tournaments or possibly allowing me to use a code for those playing on Tour. Nobody responded to any of my requests. It is too bad WGT won't let club owners use the "code tournaments" to invite the outside world to play in a tournament. I love WGT, but they are just not set up for that type of thing to work. I envisioned creating a club like Augusta National, where players look forward to coming to play without making it their home. This Tour has been my best attempt at trying to create a fun place for players to play and talk about their game.

If anyone wants to steal this idea and go forward with it, I will gladly share the handicap spread sheet with them and tips on how I have done it, but I am out. A couple of other things have taken place that have created even more work than I was doing at the start and I just don't have the time to do it right.

A huge Thank You to all who have been playing. I really appreciate your having fun with this, your participation, and the many kind "thanks" I have received from you all.

Last Thought: Would players be interested in starting a WGT Tour talk post? I wouldn't want it to turn negative, but it would be a place where players could share their scores and highlights about any of the WGT tournaments, a bragging / near miss / entertainment type thing. That is my best thought going forward towards 2022.

Cheers

Brett

P.S. Almost to the final round...  Go low & have fun!

• diehard4793
    527 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:10 PM

was able to shoot a 70 this week at the Pebble 

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2021 1:53 PM

BPeterson8256:

The short answer is no. I have enjoyed doing this, but it has been a lot of work.

Last Thought: Would players be interested in starting a WGT Tour talk post?

I can only guess at how much work it’s been to track everything as the year has gone on. Shame it didn’t go as you wanted it to go, but I think everyone who has been a part of it will all say they’ve enjoyed it. 

I’d join in on a forum post for stuff like that definitely if it was created.  

RSS