Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • almancini
    203 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2021 6:25 PM

Very happy 68 for me week 41@RSG finally holed a few putts!GLTA .

• AlaskanDame
    18,962 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2021 6:44 PM

Seemed quite a few fairly vicious side winds failed to affect shots much, so I wound up in way too many fairway bunkers followed by brush and then rough.  Bracketed a double bogey with a couple birdies and then parred out the front 9, followed by 4 birdies on the back 9.

35/31 = 66

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2021 7:05 PM

Another what might have been round for me that ended in meh. final card reads even par 70.

Started with 3 straight lip outs & then 2 x edge burners in next 3 holes & made the turn at 1 over, Managed to finally drop a birdie putt on 12 & another on 14 to get into the red numbers that was short lived as dropped a shot on the next.

That ends another horrendous tourney, Congrats to the podium finishers & once again a massive thanks to Brett for putting the whole thing together. Here's hoping for a change of fortune in the next one, Very aptly named as my game is a horror show at the moment.

Cheers

Brett

• beerstine
    666 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2021 2:05 AM

For some reason and I don't entirely know why, RSG has become my best course lately.  A hole-in on the fly on 3, Eagle on 7, a 22 foot putt with dots moving in all directions breaking magically toward the cup at the last second, and 6 straight birdies on the back nine led to a 59.  I'll enjoy a tankard of fine English Porter in the clubhouse.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2021 2:58 AM

Some how managed a under par 68 this week.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2021 7:47 PM

beerstine:
    A hole-in on the fly on 3, Eagle on 7, a 22 foot putt with dots moving in all directions breaking magically toward the cup at the last second, and 6 straight birdies on the back nine led to a 59.

Great round, beerstine 🍺

• beerstine
    666 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2021 11:42 PM

The rounds where things just come together are glorious.  I'm sure I'll be humbled soon.

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2021 8:49 PM

Great round beerstine!

The interesting thing about golf, no matter how good a person does, there are always a shot or 2 that could have been better.  For me, I hung 4 putts on the lip, 2 of which looked like the ball was floating over the hole, irritating.  The flip side of that, I sunk a couple of pretty long putts that made up for 2 of those floaters!

The good thing is, I was able to post a 60 on RSG this week which is also my best round thus far in this tournament.  Overall, I'm very pleased with this round!

Edit:  in looking at the standings, I wish one of those floaters dropped  LOL

• beerstine
    666 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2021 9:10 PM

Cas57:

The good thing is, I was able to post a 60 on RSG this week which is also my best round thus far in this tournament.  Overall, I'm very pleased with this round!

Edit:  in looking at the standings, I wish one of those floaters dropped  LOL

60's a terrific score as well.

I left my very last putt hanging on the lip.  Right now, it's the difference between 3rd and 1st and if I've calculated right, we may be tied for 3rd.  

• callaghan159
    6,221 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2021 5:50 AM

32/29=61....if only the putter was as good on the front as it was on the back. LOL

RSS