Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 6:21 AM

Struggled to a 2 over 72 at Pinehurst, where it is not uncommon for me to have a second putt longer than my first putt……..

• diehard4793
    527 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 8:06 AM

Was able to scratch out a 65 for week 40 this week.  

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 4:35 PM

I am Withdrawing from the tourney for the rest of the year for being an idiot.

My apology to anyone I may have offended.

May you all strive to be as good as the top dog I criticized early on.

I know I will strive to be that good, while in silence for a while. 

Thanks for all your hard work Brett. Cheers!  I did have a great deal of fun. 

• wags700
    1,742 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 5:31 PM

63 for me this week.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 5:32 PM

@wedge Don't withdraw. Keep playing if you are enjoying it.

56 at Pine. I tried an experiment with different clubs this week. 4 meter irons and 4.5 meter wedges were seemingly working well in a 50 at St A and a 49 at Wolf, but the irons were spraying too much to score at Congo and Oly. So I kept the wedges and went back to the 3.5 meter Nikes for this round at Pine and it felt more comfortable. 3 of the 5 pars were dings, and the 4th was out of range, so it was a solid and enjoyable round.

• HuskerConan
    67 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 7:04 PM

70. A little to heavy on the pipe this round

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 9:45 PM

Wk 40 18 HSP Pinehurst #2 - 63

Solid round for me, finding the fairways and most of the greens, Did figure out my adjustment for 20/30 hard sand. LOL

See you next week.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 9:55 PM

wedge0837:

I am Withdrawing from the tourney

Thanks for all your hard work Brett. Cheers!  I did have a great deal of fun. 

yo wedge,

we all do and say crap that we probably shouldn't but do so anyway, I know I do.  After 65 years you'd think I'd know better but nope!  Besides, it takes a lot to apologize and you did so :-)

Anyway, stick around and play, it is lots of fun....ok, not always but what the hell, there's only a few rounds left. to get frustrated with  lol

• beerstine
    656 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2021 1:46 AM

The last game update did a number on my game stability this week and I've had not just a stuttering meter but some wildly large intermittent jumps.  One hit me while 2 under on the 6th hole Par 3 and put me off in the sand right under a lip and by the time it was over I had a Triple Bogey.

Things fortunately calmed down and I was able to birdie 6 of the back 9 for a 64 and consider myself lucky to get that.

• freddydivit
    386 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2021 2:43 PM

Week # 40 @ Pinehurst -- Score: 70 (E)

I'm just kinda overmatched on this course because I don't carry a ROCKET LAUNCHER in my bag!! I mean, WTAF is going on with calling # 4 a Par 4?  But then, I seem to get outdriven by everybody during my H2H matches, so I guess I need some new artillery!! Oh well...  I was steady but completely unspectacular -- enough to shoot par on a pretty challenging track.  Things would have really been ugly except for the three long benders I dropped, miraculously, to make three birdies out of what I was sure were gonna be pars (and, we won't talk about the bogeys that canceled those out!!).  At least I'm still hanging around after three rounds so there's hope!!  Play well everyone!

RSS