Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 10:05 AM

Boy if not for this tourney, I would have quit this round long ago.   I started out after the first hole at +4, after being in the long stuff twice and a bunker off of the tee.

Guess I should have restarted my computer before I started, mouse was lagging badly.

Most shots did not turn out as planned.  I saw parts of this course I had never seen before.  It took way too many holes to figure out that greens were playing closer to T12 then the T13 stated.  Saving grace was a bird on 18 that kept me from shooting 80

Chambers week 2 18 , lovely score of 79

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 10:52 AM

garyk49:

Boy if not for this tourney, I would have quit this round long ago. 

I am glad you finished. One of the fun things about a four round tournament and a season long points race, is it really favors those that stick with it. This is especially true here because so many WGT tournaments have players dropping at the first sign of trouble. That's not meant as a criticism, it is just the way it is. 

• sparty979
    66 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 11:02 AM

66 for me!

• sparty979
    66 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 11:03 AM

66 for me!

• mingos01
    3,366 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 11:43 AM

wooooooooooooooo  hooooooooooooo...LOL

well i played my 18 wk single at Chambers....I played???

Yes!!! i played my mobile game.....at leats i tried hit the ball....my stats?...a joke...lol

50% Fairway.....60% GIR...and better i ll forget my putt stats!!!

Front 9 was a hell...so i did 3 bogeys...but i did 1 air shot on brush...and more things that  i prefer ..dont say...lol

With +3 on my back...i tried a fair Back 9...and almost i get it...i did 7 pars and 2 birdies....

Finally i did 72 (+1)

I guess i ll be close my friend Brett at the leaderboard....we can share 2 or 3 beers....

MINGOSWEISSER my favourite...and yours Brett?????.

Love this game!!!!

Luis

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 4:46 PM

mingos01:

I guess i ll be close my friend Brett at the leaderboard....we can share 2 or 3 beers....

MINGOSWEISSER my favourite...and yours Brett?????.

Love this game!!!!

Luis

🍺🍺🍺🍺 We are in perfect position, Luis! Nobody has this same opportunity for an amazing comeback! 😂🤣

Leaderboard was just updated on page 1 first reply.

• DENTONRED827
    1,356 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 7:20 PM

Unsure if I posted my week 1 score, a 65 on my most frustrating course on WGT, good fun tho.  Thanks.  Chris

• Jag001
    1,453 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 2:44 AM

Tough round for me wk2 Chambers, burnt the cup on the first 3 holes narrowly missing birdies. Manged to get  a good wind on 4 and eagled, then savage cross wind on hole 5 coupled with an early misding saw me catch the bunker off the tee and the inevitable bogey followed.

Scrambled to recover the front 9 and finish 31.

Now to protect the score as the back 9 is often my Achilles heal!

managed to avoid the bogeys on the back 9 with Birdies on 11, 13,17 and 18 to round out at 62 for the round.

cheers,

Jeff

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 5:03 AM

Hi Brett, Finally got my round in for week 2 @ Chambers Bay.

Nothing too eventful thankfully, managed to get the F9 done for 32, enter the B9 going along very nicely managed to get to -8 through 15, then the dreaded bunker got me right of 16 this is where my lack of knowledge of the danger spots & how to recover hit me for a double, managed to keep my head up got myself another bird on 18 for a nice 64 for me happy with that.

Garry.

• DuduM1
    287 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 6:47 AM

I score a 64 and am happy because I did not play particularly well. Landed in the bunker from the Tee on the 5th for the first time ever but still saved par. In fact I had to pull off several saved shots and did not drop any shots. Can't complain.

Dudu

RSS