Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 9:18 PM

DufferJohn7:
    promoted to Champion
    Congratulations!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 10:32 PM

64 for me. Three bogeys, two lipouts and possibly a partridge in a pear tree all added to my woe(ful round).

• kasia1967
    1,315 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 4:40 AM

A MISERABLE 76 AFTER BEING 2UP AFTER 9 HOPE MU LUCK CHANGES

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 5:17 AM

Wk19 - PINEHURST No.2 - 61 (-9)

Well I think that has to be my best full 18 around Pinehurst. I usually struggle with my approach shots with the those crazy island top pins, but somehow this round almost everything I hit stuck and with makable putts allowed me to score well.

Front 9 wasn’t anything sensational, par/birdie/birdie start with a chip-in on the 2nd had me hoping until the 4th. A 565yd par 4 that always pretty much is a bogey hole, quickly saved by a next hole birdie to put me -2. Birdied the 9th to put me -3 at the turn, when I hit a purple patch of approaches and putts. 4 birdies in a row from 12-15 had my confidence at Pinehurst at an all time high and helped go at the final 2 pins to finish birdie/birdie to be really happy with that round

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 6:12 AM

Round 1 of the May Day Challenge is complete with JB and Vinny grabbing the early lead. Paul, Sparty, and AD lead the chase pack as we head to Pinehurst for round two.

Go low & have fun!

It was a busy week for me. I will try to get the leaderboard for the Tour Championship points race updated this week.

• sparty979
    66 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 6:37 AM

Week 19 -- 61.

• mingos01
    3,321 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 7:03 AM

Disappointed with my score once again, my goal was 65 (-5), and my result is 67 (-3), for a total of 6 birdies and 3 bogeys.

Lucky on the 18th hole getting par with a 32 ft putt.

Felicidades Brett !!!!....For your victory Wolf Creek  9 Hole Single Play, last week!....A mosnter is a monster..always....lol

Luis

• Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 7:27 AM

Wk. 19 Single - 70

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 8:14 AM

The best description of my 2nd round at Pinehurst is PPPTTTHHH. However, I will go with "good pitching practice". I couldn't seem to hit the greens. Although in full disclosure, my putting has been bad enough lately that having 5 saves probably didn't hurt my score at all. 61

• Gogsy1979
    32 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 8:30 AM

Well after hitting a 62 including a lost ball bogey at St Andrew’s in the first round of the Championship tournament this week I thought I’d strike while the iron was hot and fly over to Pinehurst to hit it early in the week.

needless to say the hotness did not stay hot. Wasn’t playing badly, a couple I disagree with where the computer put me (hit a 3 wood in L-R wind with a fade and end up in a bunker left of flight line and aim point lol?)

Couple of bogeys hurting and always challenges short game with the table top greens but most embarrassing was hole 13:

I’d punched beyond the pin and had a downhill slider which I knew would be slippy so barely touched it and took off well more than my normal downhill compensation. Touched edge of hole and proceeded to meander over the next minute or so off the front of the green. I walked off with a bogey after hitting the green and having a regulation 2 putts in the stats lol. Degreened as they call it these days on the tour.

Anyway, I digress, Wk19 Pinehurst - 68 helped by a couple of late birdies at 16 and 17.

go low folks.

RSS