A Plea From the Social Players

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 6 2021 1:24 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 3:40 AM

Hello WGT

3 days from now I will no longer be able to play the Flash version of WGT.   I am a long time play ... 9+ years ... and predominantly a social player.   I am Australian which is about the most unfriendly time zone you can play WGT on.    I rely on being able to log on and see who of my friends are "green/available" to play - which are usually very few   I rely on being able to invite them and them being able to see the invitation and respond. 

I then enjoy a range of conversations with people around the world which is one of the strengths of online games like this ... the ability for people across the world to converse in a chat box that is instantly and easily accessible.

I have to say that I think you have given this aspect of your game a low priority ... on the Launcher/New Version/Early Access (hereinafter referred to as "new version") there is no easy availability to see who is online and available as there is in the Flash version.    On the "new version" you have to set up a game to see who is around and then all your friends are green even if they are already playing in a game.   

The chat is inconvenient ...  having to X into it & then out again ... the Flash version is just there that you can see and easily type into.   

After 9+ years I and many of my friends love this game and have invested many $ in balls, clubs, avatars, skins, etc.  We love it as predominantly real golfers for the strengths of it's realism (I won't comment on the new gimicks) ... but my plea is please please fix the social side of the game, and fix it quickly.   I am no computer programmer but surely it cannot be that difficult?

Thanks
    Kdownunder (Kay)

• TomCarioca
    287 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:50 AM

Very good points Kay - I totally agree.

Usability and handling definitely can still be improved. Flash version been far more intuitive and easier to handle.

And please WGT, enlarge that wind indicator! Why does it have to be tiny like that? It's almost impossible to determine the wind direction at a glance. Not being able to correctly distinguish between a 10 o'clock or a 10.30 o'clock tailwind can easily cause your approach shot landing 5-10 yards long or short in strong winds...

Ergonomics WGT!

• LindsayGirl
    2,894 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 5:03 AM

I completely agree with both the above posts. Please improve the "social" aspect, as Kay said knowing who is available to play is terrible and by the time you open a have you don't even know if they are already playing or not.

And as the Toms post says, PLEASE make seeing the distances, wind, shots and score etc at the top a little BIGger.

Thank you.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 5:48 AM

You can use the Windows magnifier to make the windicator as big as you like, but it gets a bit pixellated at high magnifications.

Another advantage of using the magnifier for this is you can put the magnifier lens wherever you want on the screen...

NOTE : I don't think this works with overlays as the magnifier window is always on top.

HOW TO :

1.) Open up the game and Windows 10 settings.

2.) In Windows 10 settings click on Ease of Access then Magnifier in the left pane.

3.) On the Magnifier page (leave the magnifier set to off for the moment) choose the Zoom level you want. (This can be modified later if set too high or low initially).

4.) Next set the Magnifier View to Docked. Underneath that set the Magnifier to Follow the Mouse Pointer.

5.) Go back to the top of the page and turn the magnifier to On.

6.) If the magnifier lens is stuck to one of your screen edges, move your mouse over the lens until it changes to a move cursor, then click and drag it away from the screen edge. The magnifier lens should then change to a smaller undocked window.

7.) Go back to the game and set the game window size/position up for playing and start a game just to set up the wind indicator.

8.) Hover your cursor over the wind arrow so that it appears in the magnifier window. You can adjust the zoom level by pressing the Windows key & '+' to zoom in or the Windows key & '-' to zoom out. When you are happy with the zoom level and position of the image in the magnifier window, let go of the mouse and don't move it.

9.) Use Alt + Tab on your keyboard to go back to the Windows 10 magnifier settings page. Then use the Tab key to highlight the Mouse Pointer option, when selected, hit the spacebar to uncheck it. If you accidently go past the mouse pointer check box, use Shift + Tab to go back.

10.) Now you can use the mouse again. Go back to the game to re-position / re-size the magnifier window to what you want.

11.) Done!  You can close the magnifier settings page if you wish.

• hootie59
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 7:09 AM

This entire program is a terrible imitation of the flash version !!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 9:12 AM

kdownunder:
    The chat is inconvenient ...  having to X into it & then out again ... the Flash version is just there that you can see and easily type into.   

Is it ever! Why does it have to cover the entire screen? There's plenty of room in the top left under the hole info to have it like it is in the Flash version. Downsize it (and that monster avatar) and move it to the side. Can't be that hard.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 9:46 AM

I'm guessing the chat covers the entire screen because it was originally designed for smaller mobile devices and had to use the entire screen width to be readable. Needs to be redesigned for bigger screens though for sure.

WGT know how to do responsive design. Take the new style of WGT.com for example with the wacking great black nav bar at the side. If your browser is wider than 1000px, then the navbar sits at the side, if you reduce the width to less than 1000px it relocates itself to the top of the screen, that's responsive design and that is what the in game chat needs.

• SolbroK
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 10:35 AM

100% agreement. Let's call it like it is... The new version sucks. 

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:16 PM

Disagree, new version is fine. Just takes time.

As for the chat, they already have the old version in top golf game. Similar at least. 

Post from earlier in the year. It's possible, but WGT would need to make a setting to manual change it or distinguish between mobile and pc.

641117.aspx

• PAGES
RSS