Forums

Help › Forums

Game is unfair

Thu, Aug 11 2022 11:42 AM (50 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 12:46 PM

Berrima:

Playing someone who out drives me by 100 yards and can stop the ball on a dime is totally contrary to the fundamental principles of golf, which uses a handicap system to allow fair play amongst players of all abilities.

you're a Tour Pro at level 79. With an 84 average. Your driver is level 22. other gear is all hack and amateur level gear. 

your Green in Regulation stat is an abyssmal 38%. 

Sand save and scrambling stats are both equally horrid. 

your problem is you are a bad player who also happens to have beginner gear. 

Solution: put the time in to learn how to play. Join a CC that people will help you and teach you what you need to know. Ask questions on the various aspects of how to be better.  AND upgrade your gear to some solid gear.  you can have the best wedges. you can get drivers that only put you 5-10 yards behind. better 3w. almost to some really quality irons at level 84. and level up your apparel if you are playing coin games.

i mean as bad as it sounds this is cold honesty. you're not losing because they are outdriving you by 90 to 100 yards. the rest of your game other than driving is in the crapper too.

Fortunately it's all fixable. just takes time and effort.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 2:25 PM

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^ read what he said and understand it..................

• sewdog1
    633 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 12:34 AM

I have ONLY played WGT Golf for 4 Weeks (I did play Wii Tiger Woods for months and Real Golf for 45+ years casually).

THAT Said; If all the above were TRUE, then "How On Earth" did I make the "Master" tier with ONLY;

1. Playing WGT Golf for 4 weeks (I did play 5 to 7 hours a day), And
    2. Being Level 58, And,
    3. Only 14 Ranked Rounds

ALSO, I emailed Member Support and asked how this happened with only this number of ranked rounds, and they replied; (I quote);

"It isn't just ranked rounds that determine your skill level, but it was pretty apparent that you are a good enough player that reached the requirements necessary to reach the next tier"

SO, bottom line, this would imply you don't need ranked rounds "PERIOD" to achieve any Tier.

I'm very interested in anyone's reply here (especially Legends & Champions).

(if life doesn't get you, then the government will)

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 9:58 AM

sewdog1:

I have ONLY played WGT Golf for 4 Weeks (I did play Wii Tiger Woods for months and Real Golf for 45+ years casually).

THAT Said; If all the above were TRUE, then "How On Earth" did I make the "Master" tier with ONLY;

2. Being Level 58, And,
    3. Only 14 Ranked Rounds

ALSO, I emailed Member Support and asked how this happened with only this number of ranked rounds, and they replied; (I quote);

"It isn't just ranked rounds that determine your skill level, but it was pretty apparent that you are a good enough player that reached the requirements necessary to reach the next tier"

SO, bottom line, this would imply you don't need ranked rounds "PERIOD" to achieve any Tier.

Legend tee is the ultimate gap between average joe player and experimented player. That said, from Legend, it's much harder to reach new ranks. From Legend : 500 rounds to TL then 750 rounds to Champion, etc.

I experimented the sudden jump when being a rookie and it's a real thing. I reached Master at L42 then Legend at L74.

But i can ensure you that these ''gimmies'' aren't do a thing when you gonna reach Legend. You gotta work a lot from that point, even if you win plenty of tournaments and stuff.

Other things are calculated behind the ranked rounds required. We just don't know exactly what are these.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 10:55 AM

On the mobile game there have always been unpublished ways to progress the tiers, without having to play ranked rounds , often related to playing well in the coin rooms . The traditional game was always linked to ranked rounds and lots has already been published about this , the merging of the two parts of WGT , has made it more apparent that there are still differences. My advice for what it is worth would be just to play to enjoy , and hope you don’t get bogged down with the minutiae within the game . All the best 

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 2:55 PM

In addition to what bossbird said, for the first couple of tiers you can be promoted based solely on your Level.  The ones I am aware of are:

• Hack to Amateur at Level 20
    • Amateur to Pro at Level 30
    • Pro to Tour Pro at Level 50

Beyond Tour Pro, there are different criteria for promotion for players who play primarily coin games.  Only WGT knows what those criteria are.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 6:47 AM

sewdog1:

2. Being Level 58, And,
    3. Only 14 Ranked Rounds

Im guessing that the 66 you shot on RSG on July 10 was a Tour Pro Ready go tournament. and you won it. Any wins in RGs will promote you to the next tier until you get to Legend.

RSS