Forums

Help › Forums

Can’t purchase clubs offered

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 11 2021 10:53 AM (6 replies)
  • Newnun
    11 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 8:09 PM

Tried purchasing a putter that a WGT friend of mine owned and showed the purchase button but when I try to buy it won’t let me. This is not the first time, I don’t understand why if one point it was offered in the pro shop but now it’s not available. Why can’t we buy old school if we like the product, I don’t see much new updates on equipment anyway. 

• BigStik57
    329 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 6:43 AM
    Bump
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:53 AM

Newnun:

Tried purchasing a putter that a WGT friend of mine owned and showed the purchase button but when I try to buy it won’t let me. This is not the first time, I don’t understand why if one point it was offered in the pro shop but now it’s not available. Why can’t we buy old school if we like the product, I don’t see much new updates on equipment anyway. 

There are a lot of different putters, it might help us possibly answer your question, if we knew what putter you were trying to purchase.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:27 AM

I'm guessing the OP is trying to purchase through the player's profile. While it will display "purchase," the purchase won't complete for clubs no longer in the Pro Shop. 

Clubs are updated all the time. Most of the time, the only differences are in their branding and price and not in the clubs' characteristics. The reason for re-branding is most likely due to licensing agreements or contracts WGT has with the various equipment companies.

The bottom line is that discontinued clubs cannot be purchased. Of course, this being WGT, a while back, that particular backdoor did allow for purchase of discontinued clubs.  

This is the way. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 12:38 PM

Robert1893:

I'm guessing the OP is trying to purchase through the player's profile. While it will display "purchase," the purchase won't complete for clubs no longer in the Pro Shop. 

Clubs are updated all the time. Most of the time, the only differences are in their branding and price and not in the clubs' characteristics. The reason for re-branding is most likely due to licensing agreements or contracts WGT has with the various equipment companies.

The bottom line is that discontinued clubs cannot be purchased. Of course, this being WGT, a while back, that particular backdoor did allow for purchase of discontinued clubs.  

This is the way. 

Yep this could be it, also he may be trying to buy off of profile and at a level he is not.  Really would help to know what he is trying to buy.  If it's not currently in the pro shop, he is not gonna buy it.  That other door was closed a long time ago, I believe.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:59 PM

You could be right about the player trying to purchase above his or her level. I also agree that it would help to have more details. 

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2021 10:53 AM

Likely they are just trying to purchase a club through the back door which has been noted is now closed.  I have tried it and only get an error message.

It doesn’t seem like they were offered clubs at a level up and were unable to rent due to some other glitch or it being offered there but still unavailable. 

if there is a legitimate club purchase that you could not rent or buy, then Members Services should be contacted to rectify any issue.  

RSS