Help › Forums

Can't download app

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 20 2023 2:27 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • starchyme
    2 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 5:00 AM

Whenever I want to download the app, it takes me to a sign-up page, When you try and download the app, it always just eventually ends up with the sign-up page and no way to login, whether I am logged in or not. Is there a direct download link one can get?

• duggles1942
    530 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 5:51 AM

I'm sorta having the same problem - last night when I tried to start it on my laptop I got this:

oops - I guess the image won't post - it says "Improved Update Available" - I click it and it says it's loading, but it just stays there and doesn't do anything.

and it just stayed there. I switched to my PC version and it ran fine. I tried doing an uninstall/reinstall this morning, but the result was the same on my laptop. When I click on the Play link on the website, it looks like it's trying to run the mobile (m.wgt etc.) version. I'm not sure what else to try except cleaning up the registry from all mention of WGT golf and see if it can reinstall completely clean.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 6:43 AM

Click this link

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW WGT LAUNCHER APP

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 10:21 AM

starchyme:

Is there a direct download link one can get?

It can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 9:12 PM

direct download link for windows app is https://standalone.wgt.com/earlyaccess/WGTLauncher.msi

nolan

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 11:53 PM

Or try create an account on "Steam" and play it there, should work just fine.

Bjorn

• duggles1942
    530 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2020 4:42 AM

On a whim, or as a last resort, I tried doing the download on Firefox instead of Edge and Chrome and it worked normally. Like so many computer bumps in the night, I'll never know what caused the problem, but all is well now. The version I downloaded installed with no problem and I'm up and running. 

Thanks for the efforts!

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2020 9:06 AM

duggles1942:
    Like so many computer bumps in the night, I'll never know what caused the problem

My best guess is that Edge and Chrome are treating the download window that is supposed to open when you click on the download button as some type of unwanted “pop up” and blocking or preventing it from opening. 

• starchyme
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2020 8:03 PM

nolan60:

direct download link for windows app is https://standalone.wgt.com/earlyaccess/WGTLauncher.msi

nolan

Thanks to all advice. Using a different browser did not work and I ended up taking this approach from nolan60 and the game installed perfectly.

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2020 10:45 PM

Good news :))

Bjorn

• PAGES
RSS