Forums

Help › Forums

Looking for an active country club

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 20 2022 11:36 AM (26 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 9:35 AM

I have a wonderful small club and don’t want any other members ! The reason for this is that I have been badly let down in the past and only want to rely on myself and my director. So many people and clubs blow their own trumpet but don’t care about their members. I won’t go down that track , ever again!

Please just do your own thing , accept we are not all the same , do not seek to be the same , and just do no harm. ! 

almost daily I am abused on this game by people in the coin rooms , I block, I object , but it happens , so now all I ask .... is be kinder , remember we are not perfect , we are human , we are different and we need different things .

just be kind , and go through life not hurting others , life is hard enough as it is , without this game making it even harder.  

if you want a club find a medium sized club that looks after it’s members , be a small part of a small group , and make a difference . Good luck in your choice . 

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 11:07 AM

I too am not looking for a lot of new members, but ONE more great regular contributor to get to my MAX.

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 2:42 PM

HenryKawa:

I too am not looking for a lot of new members, but ONE more great regular contributor to get to my MAX.

Okay, I am full up now.    A note to all the people wanting to join my CC, I will be going through my list of 250 CC Members in the next few days and will be making room for more of you.   Thanks for your understanding and patience.  

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 3:09 PM

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 3:18 PM

Robert1893:

HenryKawa:
    I treat all my members very good, giving them tips and advice and even donating equipment.  I donate more every year, than anyone else on WGT because in addition to my CC members I have over 6300 friends that I give to as much as I can.

And, apparently, you're the only player on WGT who has figured out how to keep gifts sent from appearing on one's activity feed. Nineteen pages stretching back to September and not a single sleeve of balls or piece of equipment displayed as being sent.

Truly remarkable! 

And as for your club, you have something like 200 recruits and players who never seem to have any club tournaments in their score history. 

Again, for an excellent country club, that's truly remarkable.

you have da Donald and we got Henry....

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 3:30 PM

LOL!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 3:52 PM

Nancy1959:

You've been in WGT for about 4 1/2 years with only 24 total ranked rounds (none of them for many months because you have no scoring history...as well as no match play or alt shot play ever in all of those years) and you are advertising yourself as an "active member looking for an active country club?"  You wrote that you "play almost every day" and yet you haven't played anything in months.

Why would a truly active country club want a new member who is not only the opposite of an active player, but has only played around 5-6 rounds a year?  You are about as inactive as anyone I've seen advertising themselves as an active player looking to join an active club.

I'm not trying to be critical here... but maybe you just shouldn't advertise yourself as an active player looking for an active CC....think about it.  You are probably better off staying at "A Comfortable Club" where you are now.

Looking at his activity Nancy, it looks like he plays coin games. 

Some players only play coin games.

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 4:45 PM

Robert1893:

LOL!

I forgive you Robert.   I still love you as I do all my fellow human beings, in this time of year and festive season.   I even sent you a friend invite to show you I am a forgiving person.  

Praise the lord - I've seen the light.  

Henry!

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 5:54 PM

ct690911:
    you have da Donald and we got Henry....

I take da Donald anyday

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 6:53 PM

DonCaron:

Looking at his activity Nancy, it looks like he plays coin games. 

Some players only play coin games.

Coin games was the first thing I thought of as well.

There are plenty of players who are extremely active but have very few ranked rounds. I've mentioned this before, but I once saw a Tour Champion with only 6 ranked rounds. 

Can't simply go by ranked rounds anymore. By far, they do not paint a complete picture. 

RSS