Forums

Help › Forums

problems with new launcher for windows

Wed, Jan 20 2021 1:21 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alcgalcg
    1 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 10:50 AM

After install WGTLauncher.msi the icon appears correctly. But, when i begin with the launcher appears "the game is up to date", then i push in "play" and the game screen turn to black, 

Please, Could someone explain me which is the problem???. How could i solve it??

Thanks

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 11:24 AM

Sounds like your video card. Check for an updated driver.

• sl8kid
    67 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 11:32 AM

l am sorry for replying on your post but l can not find a way to start my own post, which goes like this...

I'm having a tough time with the game freezing. It happens in CC tournaments and while I am playing friends in multi-player stroke matches which is reaaaally annoying because we can't even get 9 holes in before my game has froze enough times that WGT says I have disconnected too many times and kicks my off the course. Any suggestions as to how to stop this from happening??? my internet is 200 mbps, Im running WGT on firefo and my computer is up to snuff... HELP

TY

Mark

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 11:44 AM

sl8kid:

Im running WGT on firefo and my computer is up to snuff... HELP

Hello Mark, I'm not sure I understand this statement?  If you meant Firefox, that's the browser Flash version.  The new version is a standalone program.  It can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD

• sl8kid
    67 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 4:21 AM

protonc:

sl8kid:

Im running WGT on firefo and my computer is up to snuff... HELP

Hello Mark, I'm not sure I understand this statement?  If you meant Firefox, that's the browser Flash version.  The new version is a standalone program.  It can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD

yes l downloaded the launcher from the flash version of WGT. l am using firefox as my browser. So l just uninstalled and downloaded it from the link you sent me and its still freezing up on me... l didn't even get to finish the second hole. Any other suggestions? l sent an Email to support but who knows how long thats gonna take to get answered.

ty

Mark

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 4:48 AM

sl8kid:
    and its still freezing up on me... l didn't even get to finish the second hole. Any other suggestions?

- Mark can you post a screen shot or describe in more detail what you mean by freezing. When it happens what does your swing bar (the one you move up to set your swing power) look like.
    - I suspect that what is happening is a known glitch where your swing power bar is getting "locked".
    - Next time it happens try clicking on the circle of the swing power bar once or try moving it up and then all the way back down or try taking a short practice swing without hitting the button for the ding.

• sl8kid
    67 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 8:24 AM

MarchieB:

sl8kid:
    and its still freezing up on me... l didn't even get to finish the second hole. Any other suggestions?

- Mark can you post a screen shot or describe in more detail what you mean by freezing. When it happens what does your swing bar (the one you move up to set your swing power) look like.
    - I suspect that what is happening is a known glitch where your swing power bar is getting "locked".
    - Next time it happens try clicking on the circle of the swing power bar once or try moving it up and then all the way back down or try taking a short practice swing without hitting the button for the ding.

When I say it freezes I mean everything freezes except my mouse...L can move it around but it won't do any action no matter what l click on. l have to go to the task manager to close the game.

l think l found out the problem. l'm using a 32" flat screen TV as a monitor, when l just play on my laptop screen it doesn't freeze on me, but then l can't see the game LOL

• halfdeaded
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:28 AM

Same problem.

Tried to update video card, but none available.

Running win 8.1

Any help from WGT would be very helpful

• LittleAl56
    5 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:15 AM

installed launcher but when I go to open it opens in a screen so small you cant even read it and wont allow to maximize. HELP!

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:42 AM

Does the window have a title bar that you can read and if it does, is it WGT Launcher or WGT Golf ?

• PAGES
RSS