Forums

Help › Forums

Shame on us all - consecutive days

Thu, Dec 24 2020 9:31 PM (31 replies)
  • MrRandyLP
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2020 11:00 PM

Well, this game just lost a "paying" customer.

Apparently, I missed a day.  And for doing so, I went from earning (I believe) about 1780 points (?) per day, to starting over.  

I understand the concept of consecutive playing days.  I really do.  But to lose everything because you miss a day once in a great while? And quite honestly, and being candid with myself here, shame on me or anyone who puts such a priority on not missing a single day - even through sickness, family vacations, family period, etc...  Any "game," especially one that many people pay to play, that requires that kind of commitment is, well, not worth it.

And considering how many points it takes to level up at the upper levels (I think I'm at 90?).  Well, starting from scratch isn't my idea of fun anymore.

There should be some grace, some "earned" days off.  Maybe one a week, or 2 a month, or maintaining a certain percentage of days played...something like that.  Life happens, as it should!  But to be penalized like this in a format that is supposed to be for fun - and in which many people pay at least some to play?  Nope.  Not worth it anymore.

All golfers miss a day here and there - weather, work, etc...  Even professional golfers take time off to spend with family and friends, regroup, recover, etc...  And I don't see them getting penalized for doing so.

And for the sake of saying it, my enjoyment in this game is really just playing the 1-3 hole stroke play matches.  For me to spend the time to play an 18-hole, or even 9-1hole match...well, I just don't have that kind of time, nor do I feel I should spend that much time playing on a video game that often. But I do still want to "earn" the benefits and rewards available.  That too is part of the fun and challenge of the game.

And actually, if I have that much time available, I would rather be on a real golf course!

Please do not reset my level out of kindness.  I do not want to support this game, or your company, anymore.  Really, I'm ashamed at myself now looking back on it that I was that focused on this game considering what other priorities I should have in my life.

A sad thing though, as I do think you have put together a great format overall, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it until now..  And I will miss it.

• Turalyon
    95 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 3:34 PM

Just mail wgt, they will reinstate your cdp....

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 4:43 PM

Hit one ball and quit the game.  You still get CDP.  Does not have to be a ranked round.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 5:23 PM

Turalyon:

Just mail wgt, they will reinstate your cdp....

It really is just that easy, The mods might not see or catch this in the open forums , They will help you to get this back on track with a mail , scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on contact us ,  Tell them in a nice way how you enjoy the game but missed a day and it threw your cdp off . 

OPY 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 7:30 PM

@MrRandyLP

OK. I really don't understand all of the hand-wringing going on there. WGT does understand things happen and would most likely reset your CDP streak if you wanted them to. As others wrote, just send them an email.

But to the point of "shame" for making it a priority, then don't do that anymore. Just play when you want and don't play when you don't want. 

It seems like you believe the extremes are the only options (i.e. play everyday or don't play at all). I don't understand that. 

If it's fun, then play; if it's not fun, then don't play.  

But taking your frustrations out on WGT seems misplaced. It's like the old line, I know you don't like me but what do you have against my horse? 

• Nancy1959
    7,033 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 11:42 PM

They didn't restore my CDP.  I was over 1,000 days over three years ago, went to my brother and sister-in-laws house for a day before heading further south to the beach for our vacation.  Their internet connection happened to be down that night and when we arrived the next day at our vacation destination, it was about a minute past me keeping my CDP.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal because way back then WGT maxed out one's CDP bonus at six days, but a month later they changed it all and people were rewarded much more bonus xp based upon their total CDP.

I started over, unfortunately, and will reach 2,000 CDP this April...but I would have reached 3,000 CDP in March.

When I heard that WGT was restoring people's CDP if they had a reasonable explanation if they wrote to them, I also did so.  But they refused to do that because they said it was too long ago (even though they restored it for some of my friends back to their first day even when their explanation was a bogus one that they totally made up.

Oh well....

~Nancy

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 3:24 AM

Robert1893:
    It's like the old line, I know you don't like me but what do you have against my horse? 

Did you make that up?

Although in context your post is absolutely right, and addiction to this game may not be too serious, I would urge you not to volunteer for anything like an alcoholics anonomous helpline ;-)

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 3:29 AM

Just because you cant prioritize your life doesn't mean others cant. This is directed towards the OP. Shame on you for putting a game before your other responsibilities. WE ARE NOT THE SAME, so speak only for yourself, no one else hahahahahahaha SHAME ON YOU 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 6:10 AM

DodgyPutter:

Did you make that up?

Although in context your post is absolutely right, and addiction to this game may not be too serious, I would urge you not to volunteer for anything like an alcoholics anonomous helpline ;-)

LOL!

I heard it somewhere and it stuck with me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friend. I hope you and your family are well and are staying safe. 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 2:23 PM

I once took a weekend off from playing WGT because I had better things to do. I set a game on the following Monday just to find out that I'd lost my CDP ?!

I e-mailed WGT stating that I simply had better things to do at times and would they give me back my consecutive days...they said unfortunately no....NO??

Folks...I had at least 6 or 7 days in a row worth of XPs. Damn !

I'm not sure I've ever gotten over the tragic loss of those XPs, but persevere I did...:)

...just sayin'

ct

RSS