Forums

Help › Forums

Is it worth buying clubs at Lvl 40?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 19 2020 12:32 PM (5 replies)
  • Gadbwuah
    3 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 4:11 PM

Just hit level 40 and I am still using the green rental clubs, I am a decent player but only a college student so the game can seem a little steep for me at times. Is it worth buying any clubs at this point or should I wait?

Any help is appreciated

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 2:49 AM

Gadbwuah:

Just hit level 40 and I am still using the green rental clubs, I am a decent player but only a college student so the game can seem a little steep for me at times. Is it worth buying any clubs at this point or should I wait?

Any help is appreciated

See the thread "12 Dyas of Christmas" and ask nicely what you want and you just might get something for free. Cheers and good luck.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 5:02 AM

Gadbwuah:
    I am a decent player but only a college student so the game can seem a little steep for me at times.

If you have a Smartphone download the App from what ever App store it uses and watch a few videos every day. it is capped at 150 credits (75 videos) a day so it doesn't take too long and after a while it will add up.

Save your Credits and money and wait until you are at higher levels, 70-80 to buy stuff that will last longer.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 5:29 AM

You might start with a L39 wedge.

Taylormade Milled Grind 64° (50 yds) might accompany you all the way up - it does for me (my Z Satin was in this sales booth years ago!)

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 12:18 PM

The lv59 Ping irons is the one you want. Watch the videos, do some surveys, and build up your credits. 

• G1ler
    40 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 12:32 PM

As said already, you don't need to spend any money if you grind the 150 credits per day. I think I spent the minimum to get rid of the adverts when I started, but nothing more. If you rent each club when you reach that level, you can then buy it at a 10% discount, which is a handy way to save a few credits along the way.

Purely a personal take, but I'd recommend:

Wedges: the L27/L29/L31 Titleist Vokeys are brilliant. Ditch the hybrid and carry all three (You're too late to pick up the rental discount for these, but no matter. And occasionally WGT does a flash sale so if you ever see one, check for a discount on them!)

3 Wood: L51 Callaway MAVRIK - although if you're trying to be frugal, there's no real need to upgrade the 3 Wood until, say, the L86 or L89 Callaways become available

Driver: L55 TaylorMade

Irons: L59 Ping i500

Putter: L70 Titleist Scotty Cameron

That'll get you a long way - possibly to Legend. Good luck!

RSS