Forums

Help › Forums

Bracket tournaments- where have they gone?

Thu, Jan 7 2021 8:11 AM (23 replies)
  • SlasherSash
    201 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:46 PM

Well that worked out well. Just entered a 50 credit all tier bracket as one of the last two entrants. By the time I’d gone onto the mobile version about 5 minutes later I, together with most of the other entrants had been WD’d and round 2 had started.

It’s getting to be a bit beyond a joke as are the 4 unanswered requests I’ve put to WGT help 

• SlasherSash
    201 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 3:43 PM

Further update - that’s 3 brackets I’ve now paid for that I’ve been WD in before even getting a chance to play ie within half an hour of entering them.

• SlasherSash
    201 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 4:35 PM

And now my last two posts have been moderated and presumably deleted.

So basically, to précis those two posts -  I found the client section section you meant, never ever seen that before but I was able to enter brackets, so thank you for the info.

Two have disappeared off my list without me even getting a chance to play them and show up in the desktop version as me having WD’d together with most of the other entrants and the other is still showing in my feed however I’ve been given a WD together with 10 of the field as the 1st round ended the second the last person signed up which was 5 minutes after I did.  

• marcbass420
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 7:30 PM

I did that. Played through on my mobile before the bracket filled up. Once it filled up, I won my first round but the second round says I withdrew. Which I did not. I'm not sure what is going on.

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 8:01 PM

Game Client...  And I checked before I posted. They are all there. They do not show on the web page in your browser. You have to hit the "Play Now" button that opens "Game Client" Then you can find all of them there.

if i click on play now on the new version it just takes me to the coin rooms, when i go into tournaments, brackets there are only 3 freebies available

• SlasherSash
    201 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 9:02 AM

Why are all my posts getting deleted by the moderators please? Im only pointing out what is happening and asking why seeing as nobody from the help desk is replying? 

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 3:30 PM

AndyJames123:

Game Client...  And I checked before I posted. They are all there. They do not show on the web page in your browser. You have to hit the "Play Now" button that opens "Game Client" Then you can find all of them there.

if i click on play now on the new version it just takes me to the coin rooms, when i go into tournaments, brackets there are only 3 freebies available

Game Client is the Flash version that opens when you hit the Play Now button in your web browser. It has nothing to do with the new version. As you are reading this, look at the top left part of the page... That big Play Now button opens Game Client.

However... with all the problems brackets are currently having, now would not be a good time to enter one.

• TheProeb
    44 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 5:28 AM

Same happened to me with a 100 credit tournament. From discussions with multiple other club owners and directors, it seems that the 24 hour period from last entrant is not working properly at the moment. I'm hoping WGT will reimburse all those, like myself, that paid for these bracket tournaments and were immediately "WD" when the last entrant signed up. At this point in time I will wait to play the brackets until the current issues are resolved.

Moreover, is there any indication from WGT as to when the bracket tournament issues will be resolved for mobile players?

1) Appearing on the mobile app Bracket Tournament section

2) Appearing on the website Bracket Tournament section

3) 24 hour playing window after last entrant and not forcing "WD" 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 7:03 AM
  • AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2020 7:55 PM

MCalderon402:

thanku for the link, very helpful

RSS