Forums

Help › Forums

new "no flash" version

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 2 2021 5:45 AM (23 replies)
  • plekieu
    119 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2020 6:18 PM

has anyone tried this ? I downloaded it for the pc and found it very very confusing. 

In short I found it totally different and totally lacking. I am seriously thinking of abandoning WGT for some other golf game. It MAY be that it's new and you have to get used to it but at this juncture and after all these years,  i'm not sure it's worth the time.

Any comments ?

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2020 7:03 PM

Yes , the new version is different.  I have been playing it for months and found that after about 3-4 weeks of it, I had gotten my game back to normal.  I would suggest to giver it that long and then make a decision. It really isn't all that bad. 

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 5:50 PM

Agreed, give it time.

Look past the coin games and etc if it's not your thing.  There are little things that bug me, but the game is there.  After Flash is gone I feel it will get better.

• goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 11:37 AM

Where did options screen go ? can't make screen bigger,  etc... thx

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 12:08 PM

goldputter3:

Where did options screen go ? can't make screen bigger,  etc... thx

on the main page, there's a little gear icon down in the lower right. Everything you need is in there. If you want to make changes during a game, there are three dots in the upper left of the screen. Click on those and you'll get a menu with a settings option. 

As far as the new version goes, there's a small learning curve, but it's worth it. The NV is far superior to the flash game once you figure out the greens, imo. Just ignore the coin nonsense and the stupid magic clothes and you'll be fine. 

• nitroboats
    85 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 12:45 PM

i am not  very good on computor stuff.    I have a thing at top of screen that says  ( WGT app for windows download.     IS this where I down load to keep playing wgt  golf game.   Thank   You    NitroBoats.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 1:00 PM

nitroboats:
    i am not  very good on computor stuff.    I have a thing at top of screen that says  ( WGT app for windows download.     IS this where I down load to keep playing wgt  golf game.   Thank   You    NitroBoats.

Yes. But that will only download a file that you will need to open and run to install the Launcher onto your computer. The downloaded file should be found in your downloads folder. Once installed there will be a WGT shortcut icon on your computers desktop that you use to start WGT

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:33 PM

From a recent post:

protonc:

Here's the DOWNLOAD .  If you are using Windows 7 and Chrome, it should download and show at the bottom of you chrome screen (click on it), or you can look in your download folders.

• sl8kid
    67 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 1:03 AM

How can I change avatars?

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 1:18 AM

plekieu, just give the new game a couple of weeks to settle in with you.  I'm positive you will like the new version much more than the flash version.  This new game is really great once you erase the memories of flash from your mind.  keep swinging  :-)

RSS