Forums

Help › Forums

New Course Announcement!

Sun, Jun 12 2022 11:32 PM (60 replies)
  • amb1923
    223 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2020 6:49 PM

Great news! It's been a long time since Wolf Creek, so any course is welcome. But Torrey Pines is a gorgeous course

Curious what became of the full Bandon Dunes course that was supposed to come out this year?

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2020 11:04 PM

WGTChampion:

Yes. Mobile, PC, Steam. Wherever you're playing WGT in 2021, you'll be able to play Torrey Pines. 

All playing platforms but according to the announcement in News, it will only be strokeplay  and CTTH.

The course will be available in both stroke play and closest-to-the-hole formats next year for you to experience all 18 holes of beautiful coastal views.”

Not ALT?  Not Matchplay?  How about for use in club tournaments?

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 2:52 AM

Fantastic news.

Hope it is available for Alt n MP as well. 

Ty vm

- Carl

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 3:36 AM

Very happy to see this new course. A great choice. Also, very happy to see this investment by WGT/Callaway in the future of our game. 

• sesky
    3,291 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 4:12 AM

They are playing the South course for the open so I would have to guess it would be that one

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 5:24 AM

AlaskanDame:

WGTChampion:

Yes. Mobile, PC, Steam. Wherever you're playing WGT in 2021, you'll be able to play Torrey Pines. 

All playing platforms but according to the announcement in News, it will only be strokeplay  and CTTH.

The course will be available in both stroke play and closest-to-the-hole formats next year for you to experience all 18 holes of beautiful coastal views.”

Not ALT?  Not Matchplay?  How about for use in club tournaments?

In years past the PGA Open courses were introduced as first a 9 hole CTTH (that we used to hack into and get the full version), then the second 9 and then the full course for the competition which usually ran about 6 weeks. After that the other game modes were activated. Look for those modes sometime during/after the VUSO.

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 7:17 AM

The new course would be great next year. But what ever happened to the new Bandon course that was supposed to be coming this year?

• SunilKalgutkar1
    13 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 7:29 AM

hope they dumped Brandon dunes that’s great move.

they are giving courses which maximum people play in real life 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 10:41 PM

Great news Champ :)))

Bjorn

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 11:20 PM

SunilKalgutkar1:

hope they dumped Brandon dunes that’s great move.

they are giving courses which maximum people play in real life 

Losing existing courses or losing the possibility of a new course is never good news or a "great move" in my opinion. If you don't like a course then don't play it, but I think most people would agree that the more courses there are to play the better.

So if the full version of Bandon doesn't happen then I for one think it's a shame, but of course I'm also delighted by this Torrey Pines announcement.

RSS