Forums

Help › Forums

Koele #9

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 12 2020 7:50 AM (2 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 12:57 PM

Anyone willing to share tips on how to play this hole?

I am not familiar with most of the CTTP courses. I just played this hole with a cross wind. I thought I hit it about right and I had full back spin on it, but it bounced hard skidding well past the pin and off the green. 

Any tips on the best landing area would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Brett

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 3:22 PM

BPeterson8256:

Anyone willing to share tips on how to play this hole?

I am not familiar with most of the CTTP courses. I just played this hole with a cross wind. I thought I hit it about right and I had full back spin on it, but it bounced hard skidding well past the pin and off the green. 

Any tips on the best landing area would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Brett

While I can't be truly helpful, I can state the obvious that Koele #9 is definitely one of those wind dependent holes. I could not remember the hole off hand so I just went out and played the Monthly CTTH Sweeps there.

I was fortunate enough to get a straight left to right crosswind which makes the shot fairly simple. From memory though, any other wind can be rather tricky. Too short and you catch that little ridge and kick the wicked kick. Too long and it simply doesn't bite and you go long.

Sorry I cannot offer any tips for you. Hopefully someone more proficient in CTTH will chime in.

Happy Holidays

Don

PS: Would be so nice if we could choose single holes to practice on.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2020 7:50 AM

TopShelf2010:

Happy Holidays

Don

PS: Would be so nice if we could choose single holes to practice on.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this and give me your input. I agree, being able to practice on individual holes would be nice. Having played CTTH so little, I get my trash kicked by everyone in coin room tiebreakers. 😂 I do fine on holes that play normal, but we all know many holes have their own idiosyncrasies.

I just played Koele again. I think I must have landed a little short last time and caught a down slope that shot it forward. I had about the same conditions and carried it to the hole this time, where it stopped for me pretty quick.

Happy Holidays, Don.

Brett

RSS