Forums

Help › Forums

next upgrade help.

Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:48 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BMVQ
    18 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2020 4:01 PM

ka9 thanks. but i feel more confortable with my callaway wedges because of the meter speed. and i cant afford much expensive balls and with better meter speed i have to go up 300 c i think.

but can you guys tell me by your experience what is the main factor to all say that wedges are the best? its the precision only?

• ZirjoGondar
    94 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 10:40 AM

I would say it's primarily precision and spin.  It's hard to quantify because the ratings (1-5) are just estimates, and some are flat out wrong.  You mentioned that meter speed is important to you; the Vokeys are much slower than their 3.5 rated meter speed would suggest.  They play closer to 4.0 or even a touch slower.  Unfortunately, you really won't know for sure what you like the best until you try them all.

Even if you build a set around a 4.4/4.5 meter speed, I would still recommend the Vokey 64° (60yd) for your shortest wedge.  The shortest Callaway is rated at 75yds, and that's just too long to be consistently effective for shots under 50yds.  The shortest MAX wedge is inferior in every metric to the Vokey.  And neither is available until you get into the 90s levels.

You can buy all the Vokey wedges at L80.  You won't ever need to upgrade wedges again.

I've played them all.  I find I have more control with the Vokey 64° wedge on all 5 shot types than any of the others.

The longer wedges are a little more difficult to rate.  I prefer the Vokey 60° (80yds) to the Callaway 60° (75yds).  But I prefer the Callaway 56° to the Vokey 56° (both 100yds).  You just have to play them to know what suits you best.  After you get to the 90+ levels, keep an eye out for free rental weekends and try the Callaways and the MAX wedges for free.  You'll see the differences pretty quickly.  Until then, the Vokeys are your best bet by far.

• BMVQ
    18 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 4:29 AM

Thanks for the help zirjogondar. I will buy the vokey64 next and then i will see what fits me better. Its sad that the stats dont show the real numbers. 

• MBUTT420
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 11:20 AM

I’m going to buy the MAVRIK Sun Zero Driver & 3 Wood. (85 & 86)

These are nearly as good as the level 95+ clubs and since you hit such a wall at 80 they’ll be my final purchase. Maybe you’d like to do the same.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 10:31 PM

BoonJuice:

alosso:
    Try B-ES (10 cr) and Tour-SD (64 cr) first - it will be a milestone
    Does B-es really give meter speed? It only shows 1 spin though
    It's low quality, that's true, but it's dead cheap - about one cr per 9 hole game! It provides a much better meter speed than Starters - with custom clubs!

For the longest time, I played the Tour SD, as they are on the budget side of the game and provide just enough extra length to avoid many greenside bunkers ;)

• MLittle4007
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:48 AM

BMVQ:

hi guys, its not the 1 time and not the last 1 that i m here in forum to ask for some advice.

based in my equipment i wanted to know what i should upgrade next.

just want to tell that i m a non ding player so meter speed its very importan to me.

recently i m improving my average distance to pin so i think that my next buy will be a putter???

correct me if i m wrong.

thanks in advance for all the help.

Yes, I'd wait until I made Legend and then buy a new driver because you're going to need the distance once you move to the back tees

• PAGES
RSS