Forums

Help › Forums

Monthly Tournaments

Mon, Dec 7 2020 11:59 AM (4 replies)
  • bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:30 AM

Why are all monthly tournaments HEAVY wind conditions? Does the person creating these tourneys have any imagination at all. I don't care if I win and I commend all those that play at a high level at these tournaments. I personally don't find them enjoyable, Can't we just have some tournaments for fun. Sorry in advance for my rant.

Thanks Greg

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:42 AM

bypass07:
    Why are all monthly tournaments HEAVY wind conditions?

Simple answer... ball usage. Unless you are very proficient in heavy winds, it will take multiple attempts to post a decent score.

More attempts = more ball hits

More ball hits = more balls used

More balls used = more money to WGT

Happy hitting

Don

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:47 AM

I agree 112.5% Don. Thanks for responding. WGT will be the biggest looser by removing the fun aspect of the game.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 11:23 AM

bypass07:
    Thanks for responding.

For what it is worth, when it comes to the Monthly Heavy Wind Unlimited tournaments, simply load up the free Rock and have at it. You lose nothing but your own time using the free balls.

Wolf Creek can be extremely tough in high winds with the Rock. Pebble Beach is difficult as well but manageable. However, St. Andrews and Kiawah are not bad at all using the rocks.

Don

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 11:59 AM
    I agree to a point. Kiawah isn't too bad. a heavy wind there is about the same as a moderate wind at let's say St. Andrews. This game is supposed to simulate real life right? Well in real life if it is too windy out I would reschedule for another day to play. WGT doesn't give you that option. Month after month is the same.In real life I aspire to be a crappy golfer and I don't need a foul wind to increase my enjoyment. My brother is still a tour master here and most of their tourneys are heavy wind also. I can't speak for the other tiers because I don't know first hand . I do remember leader boards used to be at least 5 pages long which leads me to believe that I am not the only one who shares this opinion. Please Wgt just start putting some fun back into the game. Once again I apologize in advance for my rant. thanks Greg
RSS