Forums

Help › Forums

Truth about WGT - and Henry

Mon, Dec 7 2020 3:40 PM (38 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 8:30 PM

Time is winding down.  Soon WGT, as we have grown to know it, will be changed forever.  I am saddened by that reality.    With that, I am hearing many members who we have grown to know, respect, admire and even love, will be leaving WGT.   Many won't return after December 31.   I know many people hate me, but in this rare time of truthfulness and modesty, I would like to bid those members a farewell.   I know - coming from Henry Kawa, that doesn't mean a lot.  However, I also would like to take this time to apologize for... for.... I guess for just being HENRY KAWA (the idiot).   I am sorry.  I kept the clown-hood of Henry going for about 8 years.   There were times it was difficult to keep going.  I always thought I was tough, being a seasoned veteran of a police force, seeing things that most people don't ever see or experience, but keeping a positive attitude was at times hard to do.   Keeping depression away, I had to take a few breaks along the way from the Forums.   Then upon returning and seeing how dead and boring the forums have become, I revived the old Henry.   Many people didn't appreciate it and I understand that.  I'm sorry if I upset people along the way. 

Speaking of my service with the police, I know a number of members were with the military in the past.   I would like to take this time to thank them for their service.  I sometimes go on about how police are faced with things which others never have to deal with.   While police officers witness the horrors of disaster, after the fact, many of our veterans were in the middle of the disaster when they were taking place.   PLEASE people, treat your veterans with respect.   Offer a helping hand, offer a few dollars, show them the respect they deserve.  Thank them for what they have done for you and the sacrifices they  made.  Many of them are unable to live normal lives after coming back.  Don't look down on them for that - help them if you can, as much as you can.  They gave up everything.

Lastly, I would like to thank WGT.  WGT has been a life saver for many people over the years.  It has given purpose to people who have nothing else in their lives, such as people with disabilities, war veterans in wheel chairs, elderly, people with mental illness, medical or terminal illness, lonely people, people who have been abandoned by their families, people who have no friends, suicidal people,   A majority of its members don't fall in these categories, but when I examined and did a study on the membership, I found alarming facts.   In the beginning of my time with WGT, I was astonished that so many people spent so much time on WGT and wondered how that was possible.  Some people would be online from the time they open their eyes in the morning until they fall asleep at their keyboards at night.  I saw a post recently in the forms of people sharing their consecutive days of play and it was over 3000 consecutive days for many people.  WOW.  Who are these people?   These are people who before finding WGT, obviously needed something.   WGT gave them purpose, companionship, friends with common interests, allowed them to develop a skill and have fun.    I know people have criticized WGT Management for various things over the years.   They are not perfect and do make mistakes, but I know from the bottom of my heart, they are always trying their very best.    Thank them for what they do instead of dwelling on what they have not been able to do well enough or quick enough.

I would like to thank CT for that one kind word.  Sometimes that's all it takes. 

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 11:49 AM

Well written henry .

I always believed in you .

Mostly i am surprised that so little people joined in with the humour of the situation .

There really is a lot of grabbit golfers out there .

Golf Ball In Hole Gif - A Pictures Of Hole 2018

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 4:14 PM

Thank you Craig.   However, I don't think anyone bothered coming here to read it.  Or once they saw how long it was didn't want to.  lol.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 4:30 PM

I actually read it and thought it was nice to see a different side of you.  I really only knew of the character you describe and / or portrayed.

Reminds me of a song lyric --- I exalt my eyes with a most profound trust , yet they are masters at deception.   (the beautiful - PM Dawn) 

--- We can't always see or know everything a person is thinking or feeling but we can easily come away with our own version of "reality" based on "impressions" and "assumptions" about others.  

Thanks for sharing.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 4:39 PM

Thank you sir.   

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2020 12:30 PM

Great post, Henry, and spot on.  Wishing you the happiest of holiday seasons this year.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2020 12:55 PM

I read it Henry and I always knew you were just kidding. In fact I liked the back and forth you created . Sorry if it got you down sometimes !

Great Post !!!  Gary

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2020 1:39 PM

For years you irritated me Henry.

Now I salute you Sir.

Thank you for a great post.

WillieSinkit

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2020 5:15 PM

Will the real slim shady please stand up, please stand up

Nice post HK, there is a man in there after all

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2020 7:34 PM

Very nice post, Henry.

I would like to echo those thoughts of appreciation and gratitude for all who served.

Love & peace

Brett

RSS