Forums

Help › Forums

Issues

Tue, Dec 8 2020 9:01 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2020 7:48 PM

I'm sure many of you are well aware of the issues I'm having. 

First off, I want to thank everyone that has given me suggestions for things to try out.  Unfortunately, nothing has really worked for me to be able to play any games with others and solo games take forever.

Now for an update on my end, I can play the flash version on my desktop PC without any issues at all!  I find it rather interesting that I can still play the flash version on my PC but can't play the mobile version for PC on my PC.

I have no answers for this   LOL

From a few minutes ago -

gonna go play some more on the flash version, maybe get a game of ALT!

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2020 7:53 PM

Interesting - flash version is showing 16 Bracket tourneys available to me when the mobile version shows only 1 right now...yea, I have both open right now to compare.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 12:32 AM

Cas57:

Interesting - flash version is showing 16 Bracket tourneys available to me when the mobile version shows only 1 right now...yea, I have both open right now to compare.

You do realize that you can enter them in the flash version and play them on PCEA don't you?

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 4:40 AM

Cas, have you tried lowering your video settings in the game? Try putting everything at its lowest setting?

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 8:19 PM

borntobesting:

You do realize that you can enter them in the flash version and play them on PCEA don't you?

I guess you haven't read the issues I'm having.  After playing PCEA for about a year with very little troubles, it's no longer loading correctly after the update in mid Nov.  The flash version pretty much didn't work for a couple of months until last night when I was able to play a full game.

protonc:

Cas, have you tried lowering your video settings in the game? Try putting everything at its lowest setting?

I've pretty much tried everything I knew to try. 

I had the IP I use run tests on the router/modem they utilize - all was good

I had the internet security company run tests on my computer to make sure there isn't any conflicts with my anti-virus and WGT - there is none

uninstalled WGT, DL'd Steam then DL's and installed WGT again, no difference

and against my better judgement, I paid the same company to remotely clean up and tune my computer - it's running great but still no WGT.

the speed test now reads between 92 & 97 Mbps download and 18 to 22 Mbps upload

dedbunny here on WGT has walked me through a few other suggestions and now the game loads a little faster but the lack of being able to play is still there.

IP sent me a new Gateway today, installed it, same issues/nothing changed

Mind you, I can play other games with no issues and my son came over today and played Call of Duty without a problem.  He also played Grand Theft Auto a few days ago, no issues.

In essence, I highly doubt it's my computer, the internet security, speed or connection I have have.  Also, you would think I wouldn't be able to play the flash version if it was something on my end.

I doubt highly that I'm the only one having these or similar problems.

I've spent a lot of time and a good bit of money on trying to get WGT PCEA to work so at this point, I'm done trying.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 12:52 AM
    Have you tried a
    reinstall
    ?
  • Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 11:34 AM

ScottHope:

Have you tried a
    reinstall
    ?

uninstalled WGT 3 times, reinstalled twice from wgt.com plus another after downloading Steam first and installing from their site.

DedBunnymade a lot of suggestions, one of which was using the Golf.exe file in the Program Files in TopGolf.  Using it seems to load the home page faster but the play ability hasn't changed, still messed up.  When I say faster, it only takes about a minute with 1 or 2 Retry's instead of 2-1/2 to 3 minutes and multiple Retry's

She also suggested loading an older version of the Golf.exe file which sounded like a great idea.  I installed a system back-up from mid Sept when all was well with PCEA but all it did was update the game before I could get in.

As I mentioned, it makes no sense why I can now play the flash version just fine again but not the PCEA any longer.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 1:08 PM

Just asking, how did you uninstall it?

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2020 6:27 PM

ScottHope:

Just asking, how did you uninstall it?

from my reply above

uninstalled WGT 3 times, reinstalled twice from wgt.com plus another after downloading Steam first and installing from their site.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 2:04 AM

• PAGES
RSS