Help › Forums

launcher problem

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 11 2021 7:42 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ajaxdunny
    5 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2020 11:11 AM

when i start wgt launcher it opens up a player I do not know and nothing on the opening screen is activated except the PLAY NOW button

I cant get to the sign out and so cant sign in as myself

Is there any way to force the launcher to go to the sign in screen when it starts up

Thanks

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 9:41 AM

To sign out, click the gear icon (bottom right, next to EXIT), then click Sign Out (upper left).

If you want to go to the sign in screen every time you start the Launcher, you'll need to sign out every time before you exit the game.

Hope this helps.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 2:26 AM

There is a login cookie in the registry that you can delete to sign yourself out of PCEA, if no other buttons work.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT\WGT Golf\login.cookie_h4003687116

All the information in the Registry is vitally important to Windows. Don’t experiment with the Registry by randomly modifying values to see what happens. Doing so can have adverse effects on your computer.

• ajaxdunny
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 10:31 AM

Sam  the problem is NONE of the icons on the screen including the exit does not work  The only button on the screen that works is the one with the golf glove pointing at it which is PLAY NOW

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 9:04 PM

In that case, I'd suggest trying what ScottHope posted above.  And if that doesn't work, Scott has a post someplace that tells you how to uninstall the game and remove all of the leftover Registry entries, so you can start with a fresh install.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 11:34 PM

ajaxdunny:
    when i start wgt launcher it opens up a player I do not know

- Can you please clarify what you mean by this. 
    - I ask this because there is someone on Facebook asking the exact same question (glove icon and can only press play now) but they could not remember their password so they created a new account. They have also signed in on the same pc with a friends account and everything is fine. This leads me to suspect that this is not a computer issue but rather an issue of having started a second account(??)    
    - Did you “Sign In” on the Launcher App using the exact same username and password that you used to play the Flash game?  Or did you create a new account?  
    - what does the “player you don’t know” have as their tier and level? 

• PedalBob
    9 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:38 AM

Hi.

I'm helping my brother who has the same problem with the incorrect account and the glove, except the glove points to the Apparel store (???). I think you're correct that when he installed, he created a new account. So I figure all he needs to do is sign out, and then sign in with his correct account creds. But when he goes in, NOTHING works, except the huge flashing glove pointing and enticing him to.... the Apparel store. If he could get into settings and sign out, he'd be smiling.

Is there any other way to force the sign-out?

@ScottHope... I tried the registry edit above, but still getting that hand, and the wrong user. SamSpayed mentions a post where you describe how to totally uninstall WGT Launcher. Would you perhaps have a link to that?

Thanks all.

Rob

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:22 PM

Try here Bob.

• pamser
    699 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 1:16 PM

I have a chromebook and have downloaded wgt new version thru playstore which wgt give you but i cant set up games or recieve invites to set up games its all just practice so if wgt are giving you playstore to downoad why are they options not working ??

• PedalBob
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2021 12:26 AM

Thanks ScottHope. That did the trick. Cheers.

• PAGES
RSS