Forums

Help › Forums

WGT RECORDS

Mon, Dec 5 2022 12:42 PM (172 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 6:25 AM

SamSpayed:

It's certainly any player's prerogative to define and pursue their own accomplishments.  Many in this thread have done exactly that.  Players have posted about their XP achievements, their hole-in-ones, and other things.  Still others appear to take great joy in lowering their averages by playing endless rounds on insanely easy courses like WC B9, PB F9, BPB F9, and easy-tee CC courses.

Understood and agree, I know some find their fun in shooting middle of the road scores on courses they think are challenging. (realizing one persons challenge may seem easy to another) 

It does seem illogical to equate those courses you named with Red Tee CC tourneys...TPC is the only club ive ever been in that ran those, IIRC the averages on red tees were super low.

Maybe I am remembering them wrong, but it seemed like they were much lower than you could ever get in a real ranked round on any course due to turning par 5s into 4s and 4s into 3s...

SamSpayed:
    But just because somebody thinks they accomplished something, it doesn't mean that we're obligated to congratulate them for it... especially if we don't feel like what they accomplished was anything special (or difficult).

Ya...Our response wasn't as to why no one congratulated someone, more of a if you bothered to reply why would it be to devalue rather than just say "cool".

As far as special or difficult? We have no idea but we tend to agree with HP that very few of us could do this with same setup , which tends to say it is somewhat special and there is some level of difficulty in doing this.

We dont think having a kid is special or difficult, but when someone says I just birthed a child we say congrats, as opposed to "Well, Anyone could have an ugly kid if they wanted one" 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 6:54 AM

billycash74:

all the trolls gathered under one bridge. how cute

and speaking of. 😂😂

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 7:04 AM

PureGro1:

SamSpayed:
    But just because somebody thinks they accomplished something, it doesn't mean that we're obligated to congratulate them for it... especially if we don't feel like what they accomplished was anything special (or difficult).

Ya...Our response wasn't as to why no one congratulated someone, more of a if you bothered to reply why would it be to devalue rather than just say "cool".

As far as special or difficult? We have no idea but we tend to agree with HP that very few of us could do this with same setup , which tends to say it is somewhat special and there is some level of difficulty in doing this.

We dont think having a kid is special or difficult, but when someone says I just birthed a child we say congrats, as opposed to "Well, Anyone could have an ugly kid if they wanted one" 

What I mostly wondered was how many are "we" but I also thought the last paragraph is bizarre as a supposed comparison.

I just read through this stuff and what I mainly saw was the methodology being discussed, and then how that impacted on how much of an achievement it was.

@ Robert I'd bet It's her bop 3 red tee and unlimited, so her easiest 9 par 3's and if it was me it would be the easiest one first - least easy last.  That would partly explain why so many on hole 1 but probably also because of restart.  If you don't get one on your five best (or whatever) why play the other four, better to restart. 

I've no idea how much of an achievement, I couldn't do it as it'd be far too much discipline and patience.  I'd certainly get bored. 

The only remotely comparable player would be Nancy, but not really as she was/is (don't know which) after xp's, the HIO's probably came as so many par 3's played,  so will have completed all her rounds. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 7:31 AM

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 8:01 AM

Robert1893:
    With our first child, at one point, my wife was hospitalized for 3 days due to complications from the pregnancy. That was a tough time.

Congrats on the pregnancy/birth and I am sorry for the complications you and yours went through...

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 8:07 AM

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 10:17 AM

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 10:36 AM

It's become quite easy to discern those posts based on clear eyed logic, and those based on emotion. 

We just saw (at least) two perfect examples in this thread.

..just sayin'

ct

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 11:07 AM

I am going back and reading this thread, nicely filled in with those replies which are just now getting through moderation, I have two takeaways:

1. The number of HIOs Gracey has, regardless of how she got them, is astounding.

2. The support Gracey has, from friends that came here to stick up for her, and to show their admiration for her accomplishment, simply blows me away.

Gracey, you are a very lucky person (I mean that as for the friends you have).

• KDavenport2
    1,122 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 7:32 AM

exactly i know gracey and have watched her go after nancy1959 record she has done that and should be above  nancy no matter what she played if she plays nothing but par 3 thats her choice  nancy is beat thats it 

RSS