Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:10 AM

I've heard of this ... what is it?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:31 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:42 AM

Why would it be disturbing to young viewers? It's their future, our time has passed. We need to get out of the way and let them take control instead of dictating what the "old guard" wants or thinks is good for them. 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 11:12 AM

lmao.... :-))

That, is some funny *** that is.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 1:42 PM

TopShelf2010:

WARNING: The following link may be disturbing to younger viewers. Viewer discretion is advised...

The Great Reset of 2023

Don

Ha !!! I read that article and on the one hand it's pie in the sky story-telling fueled by ambiguous concepts, and on the other hand it's shot through with marxist economic policy ...

why anyone would want to leave a fairy-tale for our children to follow is beyond me ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 1:48 PM

donsprintr:
    why anyone would want to leave a fairy-tale for our children to follow is beyond me ...

Which is why maybe you should step aside and let them choose. It's their life, not yours or mine.  :-)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 1:56 PM

YankeeJim:

donsprintr:

Which is why maybe you should step aside and let them choose. It's their life, not yours or mine.  :-)

Suicide should almost always be prevented if you can.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:15 PM

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:18 PM

Viva Venzuela, how's that workin'out for them ?

Doc :(

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 3:44 PM

The problem with economists is if you ask 2 economists their opinions, you get 3 opinions.

The other problem is that, while economists are great at telling you what happened, they tend not to be so great at telling you what's going to happen.

For example, in 2016, within minutes of it becoming clear Trump was going to win the election, this is what Krugman posted in his NY Times column:

"It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover?

Frankly, I find it hard to care much, even though this is my specialty. The disaster for America and the world has so many aspects that the economic ramifications are way down my list of things to fear.

Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never."

Source: 

Here's what the market looked like for the remainder of 2016. The point is that "never" came a lot earlier than Krugman envisioned.

• PAGES
RSS