Forums

Help › Forums

constant reload error

Sun, Dec 6 2020 4:26 AM (27 replies)
  • sirbiffo
    876 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:39 PM

I`ve been playing the new version for a few months now and its been fine, last thursday 12th I login as usual but got a message saying there was a connectivity problem and they could`nt connect to me and that i was to retry which i pressed and it connected but it then it did it after nearly every shot. So i went in the flash version and its not as bad but the same error. I`ve reinstalled the new version and no change. I was wondering if the problem was on my computer or at  WGT   any advise would be appreciated.

thanks Wayne  

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 6:02 PM

Have you tried unplugging your router to reset it? Not sure if it will work but it might help ???

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 2:48 AM

MarchieB:

Have you tried unplugging your router to reset it? Not sure if it will work but it might help ???

That is a good suggestion, But you also might want to check your firewalls. I had that problem 2 or 3 years ago and doing some investigation I found that not only did Windows have a firewall running but there was a second firewall running through my router, I deactivated the firewall running through my router and now the only time I have connection problems is when my ISP is down. 

• JanOve
    12 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 4:54 AM

Same happens to me today. Screen freezes after I hit the ball. Covid19 ? :-)

• Ding126
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 6:07 AM

Same thing is happening to me but it’s been like this for the past 5 days.

I have tried clear cache/cookies,reset router and deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has changed,I really only play in the coin rooms and I would say it’s 50/50 if I get through the game.

• sirbiffo
    876 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 7:34 AM

Thanks for all the advise but on further investigation it looks like HP have done a driver update and its probably that which is causing the problem, and the update doesn't appear to be anything but spyware and can`t be removed or blocked , it seems all i can do is either reinstall windows 10 ( but I'll still get the update at some stage ) or wait and see if the next driver update cancels the problem.   

thanks Wayne

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 10:08 AM

Wayne, if you are certain that the HP driver update is truly the cause of your connection problems to WGT, you don't have to reinstall Windows 10.  Just use System Restore to restore your system to a previous state, then (after you've done the restore) find the program HP uses to do automatic driver updates and disable it.  

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 12:12 PM

I'm having the same issues as Wayne.  The only update I've had on my PC lately has been WGT, every other website I go to is working great. 

For the past couple of days, I've been getting Load Errors - Retry.  It will happen 4 or 5 times just to load the game and various times during a game, doesn't matter where.  It's a lot worse today and at this point, Dummy me tried to play anyway and lost a couple thousand coins due to taking too long to load the game, twice now before the game even started.

I'm on a wired PC playing the mobile version and my internet download speed is always around 92 to 96 Mbps and the upload speed, 19 to 24 Mbps.

I've checked the Firewalls and I don't have 2 running, only the one from our provider and the last time it updated was 11/11.  WGT has loaded fine until a couple of days ago even with that last update.

• BingoBaby1
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:36 PM

Same here. Last WGT update, last night, has caused the PC version to freeze up constantly.  Update - Looks like WGT troubleshooted the programing glitch and fixed it.  Thanks so much!!  Happy golfing!!

• Kevbabe
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 2:18 PM

Same here........2 days, and all I can do is hit ther ball, and the swing won't happen.........flag moving in the wind, but no swing. Get out, and restart, shot happened, but frozen.

RSS