Forums

Help › Forums

Does V.E.M. really exist?

Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:31 PM (34 replies)
  • mystry78
    880 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 11:46 AM

Thanks for all of the responses everybody.

One thing I would like to add, if you are not winning tournaments (and I don’t mean country club tournaments) on a regular basis then you haven’t felt the full wrath of VEM and therefore don’t know how bad it can be.

Frank

• littleboots
    229 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 1:24 PM

Open the cart bay doors VEM. Open the cart bay doors. "I'm sorry boots, I can't do that"  :)

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 2:20 PM
    YankeeJim:

Manipulation implies there are predetermined forces at work like someone behind a big curtain. Throw back that curtain and what do you see-a machine programmed to treat you like an individual with your own abilities transformed into a data structure that it uses to shape your success. YOU happen to be that "predetermined" force.

No i am not. Read again what vem is and what it does if you want.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 5:27 PM

dedBuNNy:
    Can you honestly, with a straight face say that the resulting scores in this game are anything remotely realistic?

Absolutely not, that's been the knock on the game from the start. However, add 10 strokes to every score and then it comes into focus. 

To be able to take numbers and their relationships and transform that into a golf game with success dependent on one's ability is pretty amazing, IMO.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 5:32 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Read again what vem is and what it does if you want.

What you "want" is immaterial, you have nothing to say about it. Everything revolves around the numbers  YOU post and how they affect your-what I call a VEM profile- which affects the  outcome.

IMO, club deviations are more likely to mess a shot up than whatever influence VEM exerts. There's no VEM influence in a practice round so why can't the exact scores be shot every time you shoot a practice round?

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 2:48 AM

Firstly, i didn't post any numbers. There are sheets that explain what vem is and how it works, but i guess you chose to ignore them and stick with the ''club deviation'' theory. It's fine with me. You can believe whatever you want.

All i ''want'' is to play the game fairly and come up with results according to my ability without any external factor controls and manipulates my try.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 5:43 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Firstly, i didn't post any numbers.

Um, yes you did. I'm talking about scores, the numbers you post. Those are what VEM uses.

Yiannis1970:
    There are sheets that explain what vem is and how it works, but i guess you chose to ignore them and stick with the ''club deviation'' theory.

I read the entire patent when it was first exposed here, as thick as it was, and bought into the premise. It's not all that different from the same process automakers use to control emissions and I find it quite ingenious in how it affects this game. It does require some out of the box thinking to understand it. Not many take the time, it's easier to cry foul. ;-)

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 6:14 AM
    Ingenious?? Interesting choice of words for a program that manipulates and controls what you are doing...i usually don't cry out foul. I cry out: THIEVES!! :)
  • mystry78
    880 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 5:18 PM

YankeeJim:

Yiannis1970:
    Firstly, i didn't post any numbers.

Um, yes you did. I'm talking about scores, the numbers you post. Those are what VEM uses.

Yiannis1970:
    There are sheets that explain what vem is and how it works, but i guess you chose to ignore them and stick with the ''club deviation'' theory.

I read the entire patent when it was first exposed here, as thick as it was, and bought into the premise. It's not all that different from the same process automakers use to control emissions and I find it quite ingenious in how it affects this game. It does require some out of the box thinking to understand it. Not many take the time, it's easier to cry foul. ;-)

Like I said in my previous post , if you’re not winning tournaments then you haven’t felt the full wrath of VEM and therefore no not of what you speak. Jim this means you.

Frank

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 5:17 AM

mystry78:
    if you’re not winning tournaments then you haven’t felt the full wrath of VEM

This makes absolutely no sense at all but that doesn't surprise me.

RSS