Help › Forums

Reporting BUGS -- A helpful reminder

Sat, Jun 19 2010 4:46 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MisterWGT
    122 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:49 AM

A helpful reminder...

If you are playing the game & think you encountered a bug (i.e. a shot that didn't react in a way that you expected), the BEST thing you can do is follow these steps:

1) RIGHT CLICK with your mouse and hit the "Submit this problem to WGT" (it's the 2nd one from the top)

2) In the POP-UP message, select the category of the problem (physics, graphics, etc) and then take a moment to describe what you witnessed.

Here's an example:

As you can imagine, millions of virtual balls are hit everyday on WGT.  But when you submit a bug log like above... it flags your shot amongst the millions so we can not only find it ASAP, but can analyze if what you described was truly a bug or not. 

I hope that helps & hit 'em straight!

- MisterWGT

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 9:31 AM

Mister WGT I usually report playing bugs like that. I also like to save a replay if possible. Recently I had a shot which hit an invisible object and then veered off line. ( The replay is still on my profile page.) I received an answer from WGT admin that they are looking into it. Is there a way to get some follow up  feedback so we know how it turned out? I E We are still looking at it..or we found this to be the cause ..ect. Bug is fixed  .. It would be nice to know if possible. It has been nice seeing yourself and WGT staff taking a more pro active response to the community forums. Have a great thanksgiving all.  Fuzzygazz

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:11 AM

Hi MisterWGT,

I don't have a right or left click on my mouse. What do you do than to get the Report a Problem?

I have a a apple mouse.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:16 AM

swdeva,

Shift-F10 is usually the "right-click" equivalent.  You may also have a single button for it.  If you do, it would be located just to the left of the CONTROL key on the right side.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 12:00 PM

MisterWGT, that is a professional illustration to say the least. The mechanic's of the game may very well improve.

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 2:33 AM

Hi Niviac

Usually I can figture things like this out. But this has got me, I have a mac mouse and key board but this F-10 or alt keys dont seem to work.

May be to make it easer for everybody is to put the submit problem report in the meun on the upper left  with chat  friends and invites.

Just a suggestion.

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:43 PM

this post is about reporting bugs good if u can just playd 4 plyr match on ocean course after 2or3 holes game froze chat feature froze and right click would not work

thx jimjam114

• QuikDrawlMcGraw
    4,337 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:26 PM

I have a bug to report   simnce your last upgrade  it make syou reset match atfer you go to extra holes..... I LOST a match placy because your upgrade arnt laoding the extar holes  you have to close game out to go to extra hole an each subsequent hole you have to close alos an reset after 3rd close YOU lose   thats a little unfair as i didnt make the game behave that way its a WGT problem LOL

• 48fishy
    6 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 2:01 PM
    I was playing the free multi-round tourney, got to hole 4 and lost 4 straight balls as meter was uncontrollable and shots went everywhere. I withdrew from tourney and came here to tell ya..since I have made the master tier, the game loads slower, more meter flaws. getting rather tired of it, cant play a complete round without some ones game screwing up. the loading probs are not my system or net connection. any ideas?
  • colton93
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 4:35 PM

Fuzzygazz:

Mister WGT I usually report playing bugs like that. I also like to save a replay if possible. Recently I had a shot which hit an invisible object and then veered off line. ( The replay is still on my profile page.) I received an answer from WGT admin that they are looking into it. Is there a way to get some follow up  feedback so we know how it turned out? I E We are still looking at it..or we found this to be the cause ..ect. Bug is fixed  .. It would be nice to know if possible. It has been nice seeing yourself and WGT staff taking a more pro active response to the community forums. Have a great thanksgiving all.  Fuzzygazz

Very similar thing happened to me on the same hole, at the same place. Check out my replay "weird shot" to view.

• PAGES
RSS