Forums

Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 1 2021 12:12 PM (6 replies)
  • Sandtrapduffy
    89 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 10:23 AM

Just curious if anyone else playing the new version on desktop is having trouble with Avatar stuck in left handed swing, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice in 4 days, i have also sent in 3 tickets and no resolve, or an email from WGT. Please, does anyone have any ideas?

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 10:57 AM

There is an entry in your computers registry (Windows PC) that controls the players handedness...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT\WGT Golf\HANDEDNESS_h221548812

If editing your avatars handedness in the game options doesn't work, then you can edit that value in the registry back to '0' to return your avatar to a right handed swing.

If you don't want to go into the registry yourself, I can write a small script that you can download & run that will do it for you.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 12:37 PM

ScottHope:

If you don't want to go into the registry yourself, I can write a small script that you can download & run that will do it for you.

I'm laughing at this.

Reminds me of the days studying programmer analyst course - "Ya, no just use this disk, run the .bat, it's okay. It'll be fine - trust me!"

Fun times! ;-))

(also not implying anything Scott, you only do good things ;) )

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:23 PM

All good dB.

I always test things out on my own set up first and although it's not a guarantee of it working everywhere, I'm happier knowing that it does work on at least one machine.

• dannyhill69
    9 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 4:35 AM

Hi Scott. New Win desktop version, avatar stuck on Female. Cannot change back to male. Is there a resolution or must I use a registry change to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 5:19 AM

Hi Danny, I can't see anything in the registry that links to the avatars gender. You could try a reset. Have your log in details to hand as this will log you out of the app.

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 12:12 PM

I have the same problem, stuck on female avatar. If I change to male, it will play a round as male, then when exit game back to menu, it is female in basic clothes. You can go into edit avatar and change it back to male, it will have same clothes as previous round. If you leave the female avatar alone, she keeps the clothes she is wearing and doesnt revert to basic.  This happens if i change to male and exit game also, open game back up and its female in basic garb.  I deleted the registry key, reinstalled game, this is on Topgolfs end somehow.  Also, the course notes dont work half the time, if they arent going to work 50% of the time, how bout a refund of 250 credits?  

RSS