Forums

Help › Forums

LEXMARK SMART CADDIE for the "NEW VERSION'

Wed, Jun 1 2022 1:20 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:36 AM

CHECK OUT THE LEXMARK SMART CADDIE for the 'NEW VERSION' WGT (remember to view it full screen)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2EZAn_-Jy8

(Copy, paste and play) MORE VIDEO COMING SOON! STAY TUNED! 

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 12:30 AM

I'd like to see how this works with non-starter balls. We all know starter balls are accurate to the default distances of your clubs, but you claim your spreadsheet is accurate when you move away from the default distances and default balls, so that's what you should show. Otherwise it seems a little "smoke and mirrors". Can you do some videos using multiple balls, all with different distances and spins? 

I'd also like to see how it works on harder courses in high winds instead of easy holes in low winds. Can you do a video at either Chambers, Merion, or Royal in high winds? 

Also, can you demonstrate long distance, and extreme breaking putts on at least T-12 greens? And maybe some situational shots out of bunkers and different roughs. 

I'm not sure I see how you figured the break on the putts. You just selected the break but never explained how you figured that selection. Did you just eyeball it. Did you set the dots to fast in this video?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 11:48 AM

Dex, great questions and thoughts. But until there is some kind of public release, whether Beta or otherwise, this seems to be a solo endeavor. That, or a really great marketing campaign for what appears to be a far superior shot planner than anything currently available to WGT players.

It's like waiting for the new XBox Series X. We have been teased and now we can hardly wait!

• lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 12:29 PM
    Dex000
    65 Posts
    10-27-2020 12:30 AM

I'm not sure I see how you figured the break on the putts. You just selected the break but never explained how you figured that selection. Did you just eyeball it. Did you set the dots to fast in this video?

A skeptic.... I will shoot a video just for you with very difficult situations.

• lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Dex000
    65 Posts

• lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Dex000
    65 Posts

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:58 PM

lexmarkz33:

That would be great, but don't do it just for me. Anyone who is thinking about buying this Caddy should want to see it, too. The shots you made using it in this video were shots any upper tier player could make without any spreadsheet under the same conditions.  

I'd love to believe this works the way you claim it does, but I'm definitely skeptical, and here's why. 

1. Your average is really bad. I know. I've heard your excuse, but still... not even one decent round to see how low you can go with your caddy? That doesn't make any sense, and it's a huge flashing red light. Why not go out now and shoot a round in the 50's just to show that this caddy works? If you do that, even once, it'll be easier to believe this works.

2. You intentionally made it sound like using the starter balls was a big challenge, but those are the only balls that are accurate with the default club distances, so it seems like you're trying to avoid showing how this spreadsheet works with different balls that would change those distances. The way you presented it was sneaky as hell. 

3. Your putting is what I'm most interested in, and I'm definitely intrigued, but there's no possible way you can make some of the more extreme breaking putts by off dinging. If you disagree and think the Caddy will make those shots, you'll have to prove it before anyone should even think about buying this caddy. Go to #13 at Wolf Creek with a back pin and set up a 20 foot putt across the break on T-12 greens and show how you can make that putt by just off dinging. If you can do that, it'll shut me up. 

4. You also haven't shown how this caddy works out of bunkers or the different roughs. Not saying it won't work, but you haven't shown that it will, either. 

If this works the way you claim, I'll be first in line to buy it, but it's going to take more than a short video showing extremely easy shots on the easiest holes under the easiest conditions to convince me. And anyone else thinking about buying this should agree.

I'll keep checking for those videos.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 8:40 AM

"Your putting is what I'm most interested in, and I'm definitely intrigued, but there's no possible way you can make some of the more extreme breaking putts by off dinging. If you disagree and think the Caddy will make those shots, "

Off-ding putting in the new PC version of this game is treated as a mishit, it is so random and unreliable it's not really an option anymore.

In your video when you setup your putt you select an offset, one would assume you're timing dot speeds. Trouble is, you don't input anything. You are supposedly timing them and selecting a matching range.

The problem is, the white box/target you're trying to hit is pretty big in relation to the 'meter' and in one instance you're not very close to being in the target, in another you hit just inside it. Those variations are huge with putting, especially downhill putts. The results would have the ball tracking totally differently in both cases, yet the putts go in. 

I don't think you're going to share your 'code', but there are a few of us in this game with networking / programming backgrounds and to those people, it's more than obvious what your programming is doing. Props for the effort man, good luck selling it.

• lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2020 9:19 AM

"Your putting is what I'm most interested in, and I'm definitely intrigued, but there's no possible way you can make some of the more extreme breaking putts by off dinging. If you disagree and think the Caddy will make those shots, "

Off-ding putting in the new PC version of this game is treated as a mishit, it is so random and unreliable it's not really an option anymore.

The LEXMARK SMART CADDIE use a combination of off dinging and moving the pointer to make your most digressive puts. When you select you break color, the gauge will (just above that color) give you the distance to move the pointer (example 1/4 ,1/2, 3/4, 1, 2, 3). The combination of both off dinging and moving the putter is what makes it work. The SMART CADDIE gives you the combination for each put. I am working on a video to demonstrate how it work. Although So stay tune! 
  • lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 3:53 PM

Nope...... Dex is complicating the process by commenting on something he knows nothing about. I am in the process of converting the CADDIE into an web app so that the owner does not have to own excel to operate it. 

• PAGES
    RSS