Forums

Help › Forums

Medium trajectory irons VS High Trajectory irons

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:46 PM (2 replies)
  • NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:43 AM

I feel as though the medium ones are good for open link type courses that you want to stay lower in height to beat the wind, but on parkland courses with bigger bunkers to carry over and water hazards they are a handicap.  I purchased the taylor made sim max set at level 64 to replace my ping i500s and got into trouble even with mid irons that couldn't carry hazards.  The problem became more evident at pebble beach that has small greens   Am I wrong in my thinking?  I ended up selling them and going back to the ping i500s at a financial loss.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:01 PM

Nothing wrong with your thinking. It's moot since you sold the clubs back but you could have kept both sets in your inventory then equipped the best set for the course and conditions you were about to play.

DJ7

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:46 PM

Nikolas, to make a long story short, at the end of the day, you'll need high-trajectory irons.

You'll eventually reach Legend, TL, Champion and TC tiers, and have to deal with hard-rock "icy" surface greens where it would be virtually impossible to control and make your ball stop rolling unless with high-trajectory irons (+ advanced balls with high spin attributes).

The game (like all others) is designed to make you invest for better equipment and ultimately... spend money on them so it's obvious that it has to be that way..

RSS