Forums

Help › Forums

Question about lie% in bunkers...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 28 2020 12:05 PM (4 replies)
  • AlessiR
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2020 6:40 PM
    So I’ve been having bunker issues.. most recent was a 37 yd shot, 60-70% ball, 4 yards ^ and uphill, with a 77 yard club in hand. I hit about 65-8% and got the ding ..... The ball went 68 yards... I’m very confused about the lie % 🤬🤬🤬🤬
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 2:06 PM

AlessiR:
    So I’ve been having bunker issues.. most recent was a 37 yd shot, 60-70% ball, 4 yards ^ and uphill, with a 77 yard club in hand. I hit about 65-8% and got the ding ..... The ball went 68 yards... I’m very confused about the lie % 🤬🤬🤬🤬

To get a better mental picture of this, did it fly 68 yards or land shorter and then roll that far?

Nigel. 

• AlessiR
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:59 PM
    Nigel, It rolled out to 68 yards.... If it were downhill or something crazy, I could understand... But hitting a 37 yd shot, buried 60-70%, pin uphill, etc... I could also understand if I hit it bad and a variable that’s akin to blading it, but I dinged it... Also curious as to why flop shots are never on the same line I’m hitting, always seem to be pulled to the right... If you can share any insight.. 🙏 Rick
  • NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:54 AM

In theory a 60-60 percent lie out of the bunker means you need to add that much distance more to your shot to get it to the target.  But it has a window from what distance it works and from which it does not.  In other words if its too far away and you don't use enough loft the ball will not unplug or hit the bunker lip and stay in the bunker.  If it's too close and you can't put enough energy with your SW and LW you will duff the shot a few feet.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 12:05 PM

was this a CTTH shot on mobile/PCEA? or a regular shot?

there isn't a CTTH shot on mobile that is 60/70 but there is one that is 33 yards and 50/60. well it's listed at that it really isn't tho. it behaves like 30/40 sand. #10 on BPB. i love that tiebreak. 90% of the people who play it fly way long. even tho your numbers are off some the result makes me think this is what you were talking about.

Probably 20-25% of the CTTH tiebreaks don't behave like normal shots in the game. take notes.

if it was a normal shot in the course of play. it's going to be around 96-97% of a  Full 60 yard wedge with FBS and a decent ball. . strong head or tail winds or slopes might change that some. but that's the base number. so around 58 yards of power.

RSS