Help › Forums

No access to Replays ?????

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:58 PM (53 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 4:47 AM

Paul!

You could've left it there a little bit longer. Just because he didn't respond to me doesn't mean he won't respond to you, he may not like me.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 5:06 AM

ScottHope:

callaghan159:
    Yup....it  would be nice to be able to save a shot on the new version. Had a double eagle this morning and couldn't save it.

You can record clips with Windows 10, this has been mentioned previously.

If you go into All settings, click on Gaming, then change the Xbox Game Bar switch to On, you should be good to go.

Play a couple of shots in the game then hit Windows key + Alt + G. When the pop out bar appears from the right side of the screen informing you that a recorded clip has been saved, you can click on it and a window will open showing you your clip and where you can find it.

You don't have to click on the pop out message if you don't want to preview your clip, but it will still be recorded and available in your videos library (unless you have changed the default location).

Word of Warning

Do not switch focus away from the game window before pressing the save clip hotkey (Windows key + Alt + G), otherwise the recording will be lost.

The recorder focuses on the active window and if you switch windows, a new recording starts for that window.

As far as I am aware, games will automatically allow clips to be recorded if you have the Xbox Game Bar switched on, other windows will not record unless you have configured them to, in the game bar settings (Windows key + G).

Thanks for your help Scott. I will try that next time I have a good shot, which are few and far between. LOL.  Cheers

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 8:20 AM

callaghan159:
    Thanks for your help Scott. I will try that next time I have a good shot, which are few and far between. LOL.  Cheers

You're welcome Callaghan.

While you're at the Xbox Game Bar page in the settings, might be worth taking a look at the Captures page too (left pane) just to make sure that you are set to record in the background, audio as well. I think these are set to on by default, but being as I am, I mess about and can't remember if they are or not.

It would be worth testing out recording shots just to familiarize yourself with the procedure so that you know what to do when that next ace happens, because we all know, that we never know when that's going to occur. And also just to see if recording whilst playing has a detrimental effect on the game/meter. If I used the Xbox Game Bar for recording, I would turn it off when not needed as it uses up PC and GPU resources, not much, but enough for me to care.

Thank you.  ; )

P.S. It might be a good time to remind everyone that as WGT has not said anything about the availability of our flash replays after Dec 29th, if you have got any absolute corkers that you want to save, record them now. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar can be used to record those. (Windows key + Alt + R) to start and stop a recording.

More...

• akone12
    6,839 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 8:12 AM

ScottHope:

P.S. It might be a good time to remind everyone that as WGT has not said anything about the availability of our flash replays after Dec 29th, if you have got any absolute corkers that you want to save, record them now. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar can be used to record those. (Windows key + Alt + R) to start and stop a recording.

Have they done away with them early, I can't find any on my own or anyone else's profile???

I was about to post this video and mention to record the saved replays........

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 9:57 AM

Nice tutorial video akone12, thanks for that.

And yes, it appears you are correct about our profile page replays. Here we are thinking that we have another 12 days to go to get our replays recorded off our profiles, and they're gone already!

That's pretty low WGT. You really don't give people much incentive to stay here do you!

EDIT : Replay highlights page has gone too.  : (

• akone12
    6,839 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 1:55 PM

You've helped us all over the years Scott, if I and others can help a fraction of what you have covered it will have been worth it, ;-)

AK

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 2:14 PM
    Thank you AK. It's a good job we care because I'm not sure WGT do. 
    😠
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 2:15 PM

ScottHope:
    And yes, it appears you are correct about our profile page replays. Here we are thinking that we have another 12 days to go to get our replays recorded off our profiles, and they're gone already!
    That's pretty low WGT. You really don't give people much incentive to stay here do you!
    EDIT : Replay highlights page has gone too.  : (

They must have snuck the change in with the update a few days ago. I agree it would have been nice if they could have left it alone until they shut the doors on Flash!! 😖

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2020 2:19 PM

Yes it would've Marchie. If people have the replay IDs from their profiles then I'm pretty sure they'll still play, but most probably won't have made a note of them, why would they.

RSS