Forums

Help › Forums

What Country Club to Become a Member?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 9 2023 4:48 AM (4 replies)
  • BigT612
    9 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 8:58 AM

When I started the game I was given a CC or chose any one.  Regardless, I have become fairly decent at this game.  

Does it make sense to join another CC and what benefits do I get from any CC?  

Thanks . 

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 6:42 AM

The CC you are in is a dead CC - the owner has not played since 2017.No wonder you do not know what good a CC is...

The benefit of a good active CC is to be able to ask questions in the Forum, have resources available to improve your play, play tournaments and hook up for playing a multi-player round where people do not quit. 

Check out: The Peoples Club and see what you think.

EE

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 8:26 AM

Edward - can i ask you a question .

My cc owner scrutinises people trying to join her club .

She checks if their level will let them compete fairly with other members

She checks if they have a decent record of playing most days .

Why are some clubs so desperate for members everyone is welcome right away .

Not applying to you especially but in general .

If the new member is not happy you lose him very quickly .

Just asking as i am interested .

Not even saying my cc owner is correct .

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 9:38 AM

Looks like you are in a mostly dead club. Many of the members have not played for a long time. Active clubs are a lot more fun with many tournaments going on every week.

You are more that welcome to take a look at the Nice and Friendly CC. We have lots of club tournaments and a no pressure atmosphere. You play want you want when you want.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/617336.aspx

Dave

• Craig555w
    12 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2023 4:48 AM

I understand you want guys to participate all the time , go on telegram and talk a lot of crap or you get kicked out .  Not for me .  I’m in Solitaire and it does what it says on the tin 😎

RSS