Help › Forums

New to game, people accusing me of cheating

Tue, Nov 17 2020 11:51 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bigoldthor
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 7:39 PM

Hi,

I just joined WGT last month, and I play several hours a day.  I've gotten to Tour Master level in maybe 6 weeks or so, I think.  Long way to go, but I really, really enjoy playing.

Anyway, two times now someone has accused me of having mutli-accounts or being a restarter.  I don't even know what those are or how to do them, and even if I did, I wouldn't.  I'm just me, I love the game, and I'm trying to get better.

What do I say to these morons who are accusing me of this when I have no idea what it even means?  Everything I've done has been legit just from playing and upgrading equipment.  Very frustrating!

Anyway, hello all and thanks for letting me vent.

Cheers!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 7:35 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 8:22 AM

bigoldthor:
    mutli-accounts or being a restarter.

There are those that get to a point in the game where it gets too hard and they restart the game with a new profile that starts back at Hack. That's what your accusers think.

bigoldthor:
    What do I say to these morons who are accusing me of this when I have no idea what it even means?

It used to be a badge of honor of sorts when somebody accused you of cheating. You know you're not but nothing you can say is going to convince them otherwise. Sometimes it sucks to be good. LOL

I say get right in their face and beat the pants off them.  ;-)

p.s., Getting to TM in that time period just tells me you took to the game like I did and only want to get better. As it is you'll be a Legend soon and then it will take a long time to advance to the next tier. Leave the criers in the dust and let me know when " a few hours a day" turns into marathon sessions for ya. :-D

• bigoldthor
    2 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 8:50 AM

Thanks so much for the explanation and good advice.  Very much appreciated!

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:48 PM

Yeah, people still accuse me of either cheating or having something to do with the SYSOP management of WGT.  That's only because no one can beat me, so of course it must be because I'm cheating.  I just ignore them and continue to win all my games.   Don't worry about it.  

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 4:36 AM
    YankeeJim:

It used to be a badge of honor of sorts when somebody accused you of cheating.

I agree Jim, especially if your accuser is a HOF...:)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 7:29 AM

HenryKawa:

Yeah, people still accuse me of either cheating or having something to do with the SYSOP management of WGT.  That's only because no one can beat me, so of course it must be because I'm cheating.  I just ignore them and continue to win all my games.   Don't worry about it.  

This is the 5th friend request i declined from you. How many more do i have to decline in order for your one gray cell to understand that is never gonna happen?

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 9:59 PM

Yiannis1970:

HenryKawa:

This is the 5th friend request i declined from you. How many more do i have to decline in order for your one gray cell to understand that is never gonna happen?

LOL.  Sorry sir.  Didn't realize.  My fault.  At my age, I'm getting a little forgetful.  I will try to remember you from now on.  

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 10:47 PM

1970.   Is that the year you were born?  Does that mean you are 50 years old? 

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2020 4:08 AM

YankeeJim:

bigoldthor:
    mutli-accounts or being a restarter.

There are those that get to a point in the game where it gets too hard and they restart the game with a new profile that starts back at Hack. That's what your accusers think.

bigoldthor:
    What do I say to these morons who are accusing me of this when I have no idea what it even means?

It used to be a badge of honor of sorts when somebody accused you of cheating. You know you're not but nothing you can say is going to convince them otherwise. Sometimes it sucks to be good. LOL

I say get right in their face and beat the pants off them.  ;-)

p.s., Getting to TM in that time period just tells me you took to the game like I did and only want to get better. As it is you'll be a Legend soon and then it will take a long time to advance to the next tier. Leave the criers in the dust and let me know when " a few hours a day" turns into marathon sessions for ya. :-D

+1

• PAGES
RSS