Forums

Help › Forums

the app on w10, impossible to log

Mon, Oct 19 2020 10:05 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NFR_Zeclic
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 12:56 PM

because of my name, not only letters and numbers (i have a _ ), then i can play in flash with chrome, but i cant log in the app, saying my name doesnt exist...

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 1:36 PM

Make sure you are signing in and not trying to create a new account. And do not create a new account as you will be starting over from scratch and it will probably get you suspended.

You're going to have to contact Customer Support and maybe they will have to change your Name in the game. Look at bottom of page at "Contact" link and then use the "customer support" link.

In the meantime you will need to keep playing on Flash until it is resolved. If your having issues with Chrome you can try Firefox(they still have Flash enabled)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 2:47 PM

MarchieB:
    Make sure you are signing in and not trying to create a new account. And do not create a new account as you will be starting over from scratch and it will probably get you suspended.

I've wondered about the last part of that.  Lets say I was to wait until the start of next year, I'd have a flash account that I couldn't play on.  If I then open a new account, lets say in steam, I'd then have one account on the new/only game.  Even moving now, it's a different game, have wgt said joining it has to be with your existing account?

If wgt ever choose to close the flash site then anyone who had an account, and hadn't added it to the new game, wouldn't have one and would certainly be able to start from hack ;-) 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 3:18 PM

You cannot start a New Account as you are not allowed to have multiple accounts. It is against WGT’s Term and Conditions. I’m not sure how they figure it out but they can, and if they do they will suspend you.  
     You log into your account with a User Name and Password. It doesn’t matter which Version of the game you log into, they all use the same servers. I play on both Mobile & PCEA regularly and have even played 2-3 times on Flash all with the same login info. 

Here is the blurb from the Terms and Conditions;

”10. Each user participating on the Site and/or through the Application may have only one player Account. If you wish to create a new player Account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If WGT determines that you have more than one Account, all Accounts created subsequent to the first Account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of these Terms, including the creation of more than one player Account, may result in the termination of all of your player Accounts. Your Account is non transferable. You may not allow any other person to use your player Account to access WGT, participate in any tournament or game, or to accept any winnings related to your player Account.”

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 4:01 PM

MarchieB:
    Your Account is non transferable.

Clearly that's not true, you transferred yours to a new game and back again repeatedly ;-)

"The Flash game will be retired on December 29, 2020 "

When flash doesn't work I don't have an account that I can play the game through, if I then open one in the new game I have one account (not two) that I can play on. 

I'm not really serious about this or considering it, money spent on equipment is mainly what now keeps me here so I wouldn't want to start (and certainly wouldn't pay) again.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 4:01 PM

oops

• Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 4:23 PM

I would contact customer service. Your username and password is the same no matter what version you play on, being flash or new version or mobile. I believe they even did that for those that log in thru facebook but not sure as i've never done that.  If i go to flash i have the same equipment, etc as i do playing mobile or new version. There isnt a separate log on for each one 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 5:54 PM

DodgyPutter:
    MarchieB:
    Your Account is non transferable.
    Clearly that's not true, you transferred yours to a new game and back again repeatedly ;-)

DP when they’re talking about an account being non transferable they are talking about the fact that you cannot sell or give your account to another person. 

Your account is with WGT. The different versions of the game (Flash/Mobile/PCEA) are just what you use to access that account.  You use the same account on all of them. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 6:29 AM

MarchieB:
    Your account is with WGT. The different versions of the game (Flash/Mobile/PCEA) are just what you use to access that account.  You use the same account on all of them. 

I don't disbelieve you, but as I see it the crux of this is whether it's the same game or not.

If I have an account with EA (the games company not....)  and play a game on it and then play another EA game, or another version of the same game,  on a different account am I then multi accounting?  This would be even more of a question when the first game can no longer be played.

Or is this rule particular to wgt and crystal clear to you?  

Another way of looking at it could be, how can I be multi accounting if I have one playable account?  This one ceases to be at the end of December if I don't get the new game, as it's often referred to as ;-), before then.  Some time later I open a new accout in Steam, wgt will ban me? I hope they have the sense to wait until I buy all the clubs and cartoon enhancements, with a tiny fraction of the 10 million signed up they really should.

I was kidding with the non transferable stuff but what I quoted was a complete sentence.

I was also generally just messing about with this really but answers that sound like they come from WGT when they don't bring out my argumentative side, hmm ok anything does.

Just ignore me, it was only a vague thought to start with.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 1:53 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Another way of looking at it could be, how can I be multi accounting if I have one playable account?  This one ceases to be at the end of December if I don't get the new game, as it's often referred to as ;-), before then. 

That's incorrect.  Your current playable account (user name "DodgyPutter") will not cease to exist at the end of December.  You'll still be able to use that account to play on the new PC standalone app, or the Steam app, or the mobile app... same as you can today.

DodgyPutter:
    Some time later I open a new accout in Steam, wgt will ban me?

You should not open a new (2nd) WGT account on any platform - PC standalone, Steam, or mobile.  If WGT determines that you have 2 or more WGT accounts, they will ban them all.

Hope this helps.

• PAGES
RSS