New WGT??? Disappointing!!

Mon, Feb 1 2021 6:31 PM (89 replies)
  • Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 12:59 PM

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 7:31 PM
    Shoot me an email with yours and I can send the screenshots that way. 82vtwin at gmail.com Obviously, I need help,
  • ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 12:53 AM

Joel, if you want to post pictures here, you have to upload then to a hosting site first, i.e. imgur, then use the direct link from there to post them here. You can't post pictures to the forum directly from your PC.

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 8:14 AM

I've played the new version since shortly after it came out. I like it much better than flash.

It's all what you get use to. Play it for 3 or 4 months and you wouldn't want to go back. 

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 12:34 AM

HenryKawa:

Just to let everyone know, I did reach out to WGT Customer Service and asked about some of the concerns members were having with the non-flash version.  I am waiting to hear back from them on several issues.  I'm confident WGT is aware of the few minor glitches that are concerning people and are working towards making improvements.  

I did hear back from Customer Service.  They thanked me for passing along all the concerns that people were having and said those issues were forwarded to the Q/A team to find a resolution.   I know someone in another thread was upset customer service ignores them, but I did not find that to be true.  They got back to me promptly are doing something to improve the non-flash version of WGT.  I'm very pleased. 

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 7:47 PM

I sent my issues to them more than 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back.  I'm not blaming anyone for not getting a response but I'm blaming the same issues I'm having, reload error after reload error. My inquiry probably went out into Reload Heaven or Hell, depending on how you look at it.

Tonight, it took me 40+ minutes and probably just as many mouse clicks just to get the game to load.  It took another 35 minutes or so with 17 or 18 retry's to play a custom 9 hole 3 par course in our CC,  then another good 10 minutes to get here to see if anything has been addressed yet. This is on the PC version that I've been playing for a year or so.  An btw, I like it now that I'm used to it.

Other than you Henry, nothing has and I thank you for trying!

An interesting conversation I had on the phone today.  I called AT&T, my IP, to ask about the router I have and it being 2-1/2 years old.  We got to talking and I told him about the issues I'm having with one of the games I play.  He said he was having the same issue the past 3 weeks or so on a golf game that he plays.  Yep, you guessed it, WGT.  He's been playing for a few years without too much trouble until now, pretty much my story too.

He ran a few additional tests that the previous person didn't do and corrected a couple of what he called incompatibilities.  My computer is opening webpages a lot faster now but still not the PC version here.  He's also sending out the newest router for me to hook up but knowing it's probably not going to change the loading issues here.

Here's what I see 7 or 8 times when first trying to log on -

and then it'll change to this.  Click Retry and it'll take a few minutes to get to the next Reload screen.  2 or 3 times later, I'll finally get in just to have this same thing happen numerous more times.

Sorry for the long read!!

Very Frustrating!!

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 8:03 PM

ScottHope:

Joel, if you want to post pictures here, you have to upload then to a hosting site first, i.e. imgur, then use the direct link from there to post them here. You can't post pictures to the forum directly from your PC.

Hi again, Scott.  I'm going to forget about the last few posts of mine, LOL especially the devil post **666...**  Thanks for letting me know about the pics too, some forums I am with allow it, easy peasy.

Now for the breaking news!!!!!!!!!!  Scott, you got my issues forged into a successful remake and I have now experienced my first game in PCEA.....boy did it feel weird! 

So now I can make more sense of my settings etc. etc.  Thanks sooo much Scott, true to moniker, there is Hope for all!!

Knock, knock, its Joel

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 10:32 PM

Cas57, how are you making the screen shots you  are posting here??

Cas57:

I sent my issues to them more than 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back.  I'm not blaming anyone for not getting a response but I'm blaming the same issues I'm having, reload error after reload error. My inquiry probably went out into Reload Heaven or Hell, depending on how you look at it.

Tonight, it took me 40+ minutes and probably just as many mouse clicks just to get the game to load.  It took another 35 minutes or so with 17 or 18 retry's to play a custom 9 hole 3 par course in our CC,  then another good 10 minutes to get here to see if anything has been addressed yet. This is on the PC version that I've been playing for a year or so.  An btw, I like it now that I'm used to it.

Other than you Henry, nothing has and I thank you for trying!

An interesting conversation I had on the phone today.  I called AT&T, my IP, to ask about the router I have and it being 2-1/2 years old.  We got to talking and I told him about the issues I'm having with one of the games I play.  He said he was having the same issue the past 3 weeks or so on a golf game that he plays.  Yep, you guessed it, WGT.  He's been playing for a few years without too much trouble until now, pretty much my story too.

He ran a few additional tests that the previous person didn't do and corrected a couple of what he called incompatibilities.  My computer is opening webpages a lot faster now but still not the PC version here.  He's also sending out the newest router for me to hook up but knowing it's probably not going to change the loading issues here.

Here's what I see 7 or 8 times when first trying to log on -

and then it'll change to this.  Click Retry and it'll take a few minutes to get to the next Reload screen.  2 or 3 times later, I'll finally get in just to have this same thing happen numerous more times.

Sorry for the long read!!

Very Frustrating!!

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2020 12:53 AM

Knockitoff:
    Now for the breaking news!!!!!!!!!!  Scott, you got my issues forged into a successful remake and I have now experienced my first game in PCEA.....boy did it feel weird! 

Very pleased to hear that Joel. Mission accomplished. Well done and thank you.  ; )

RSS