Forums

Help › Forums

New WGT??? Disappointing!!

Mon, Feb 1 2021 6:31 PM (89 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 6:27 AM

Call60, the game is not accessed through a browser anymore. Look at your desktop icons and double click this one...  ...called WGT Launcher, that is the new version of WGT.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 6:45 AM

This is the page you will see when you double click the launcher icon on your desktop.  Press game modes to see the different types of games, not PLAY NOW.

EDIT...Scott is correct, I set this up quite awhile ago and don't even remember the setup pages.  Actually you will get another page that pops up first on your computer when you double click the Launcher Icon.  It will be a much smaller popup then the shown page above.  On that popup you press the play button and then what I have shown will be the next page you see.  It will show this everytime you start the game.  Now if you sign out every time, it may show something else then the above.  I am always signed in, so this is what I see to enter games.

Launcher.msi is the downloaded file, not the installed file.  If you right click the Launcher Icon, click properties it will have launcher.exe on the end of the URL, where it is located within your computer.

From some of the things I have read throughout the forum, I believe that people are downloading the New Version from links, but are never INSTALLING.  Or they are not downloading and installing the correct file for their equipment.  This may look like the mobile version, but you can't download the mobile version on a computer and expect it to work.  Windows is computer, IOS is apple(probably tablet or apple phone), Android is phone(or android tablet).  Unsure of chromebooks, but I don't believe they are computers.  Never worried about the Mac as I don't have one, but believe it is a different download then the windows.  It is here in the forums somewhere, look for Champs posts. 

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 6:54 AM

You won't see that picture of Garys on the initial install call60, there are resolution selection and sign in screens to go through first. Once you've gone through set up, then you will get that picture.

⇩ EDIT : You're welcome, cheers. 

• call60
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 7:41 AM

Thanx  i will try it:)

• call60
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:55 AM

did what you said, hit properties, never came up with exe or url hmmm...

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 12:03 PM

call60:

did what you said, hit properties, never came up with exe or url hmmm...

You have to be on the shortcut tab.

This is win7

This is win10

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 1:10 PM

Call60, just double click on the WGT Launcher icon to run it.

• call60
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 4:56 PM

hey Scott..  finally got it to work..... only thing that was missing was to go to search downloads instead  IN my downloads.... go figure. Thank you and  everyone else else that helped  now I can figure out how to play it :) O ya  I fresh started the laptop and ran win10 instead of edge

• TuggedLeft
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 5:00 PM

Anyone having any luck with the Match Plays?  I've not been able to get a Match Play to work for weeks on the new format.

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 12:53 AM

call60:
    hey Scott..  finally got it to work..... only thing that was missing was to go to search downloads instead  IN my downloads.... go figure. Thank you and  everyone else else that helped  now I can figure out how to play it :) O ya  I fresh started the laptop and ran win10 instead of edge

Good job call60. Thank you and have fun! ; )

RSS