Forums

Help › Forums

Please reduce cost for XP boost juice!!!

Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:46 AM (42 replies)
  • WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 1:59 PM

I think this was just a misunderstanding. Trace thought he was posting to wgt directly and wasn't looking for advice but more a response from WGT. He doesn't have thousands of forum posts so he may not know exactly how it works.

To those who did chime in I think it was with good intentions. To anyone who disagrees with his suggestion; I fail to understand your disagreement as he isn't suggesting anything to you personally?

Not a big deal at the end of the day. I am sure everyone can move past this as friends :)

Jo

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 3:31 PM

el3n1:
    The OP would have been far better off to just consult those expert level players than delve into the forum. imho anyway.

Ed I imagine this is what he's done and was maybe told something along the lines of "you could try to get wgt to reduce the price but I doubt if you'll have much luck", and decided to give it a go.

It also makes sense to me to post in the forum in case others think the same and support his view.  Some chance when, as pointed out, most here got thier boost free through a glitch.

His first post was factual about prices he will and will not pay for amounts of boosts, the reply didn't address that.

His second post, I think the one meant with the accusations of him being boastful/gloating or whatever   

I play with some of the best players in the world. The higher level clubs do make a difference. That's why I want them. To answer your question, my first goal would be to get to 97 for the irons. Then 99 for the better driver. From there, I will probably just level up as normal, since 102 is sooo much xp to achieve.

I remember feeling exactly the same. He's not saying if he gets these clubs he'll beat them just compete better, for me it was to try get within 10 strokes in a four round CC tournament then gradually try to cut that down......I don't think I got the first done :-(

The rest is just sensible planning. 

I replied to your post as I hope you'll know I'm not picking an argument here, and I'm not,  I just think the op is being treated quite unfairly.

Anyway I reckon the main reason the price of that stuff is so high, and it still sells, is that it's very handy for multi's and baggers wanting good equipment.  Which isn't very fair on those that are neither.  For me I'd rather they didn't sell it at all, of the two a price reduction is more likely, seems you can buy experience but it's expensive :-))

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 3:54 PM

DodgyPutter:
    I replied to your post as I hope you'll know I'm not picking an argument here, and I'm not,  I just think the op is being treated quite unfairly.

I did start out with --  Rightfully so, a few club members have eventually jumped in...

I felt that was an acknowledgement of some banter escalating more than it was necessary.

It also seemed like it could have been avoided.  Given, it does not take much for things to get distorted.  

Thanks for the further insights DodgyP...

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 5:13 PM

WaLk0fLiFe:

I think this was just a misunderstanding. Trace thought he was posting to wgt directly and wasn't looking for advice but more a response from WGT. He doesn't have thousands of forum posts so he may not know exactly how it works.

To those who did chime in I think it was with good intentions. To anyone who disagrees with his suggestion; I fail to understand your disagreement as he isn't suggesting anything to you personally?

Not a big deal at the end of the day. I am sure everyone can move past this as friends :)

Jo

Fair enough. 

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 5:43 PM

Robert1893:

JSmithers:
    I might take that bet

OK. I was serious.

Still, I doubt it will happen because I hardly think Lonnie cares about who is the better player.

I'm not saying  xAmazingTrace isn't a good player. I would just put my credits on Lonnie.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN LOL 

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 6:53 PM

I was going to post my reply, but this pretty much sums it up. Even though Lonnie said he was trying to be helpful, and I can appreciate the gesture, I wasn't asking for help. I was asking WGT to put the juice more inline with the other XP boost price that is in the membership. That's really it. And Lonnie, when I sited your record, it wasn't a slam. It was in reference to the fact that you don't play competitively for credits. That is something I have started to do. And at that level, it is harder to compete with lower level equipment. So if I'm gonna run with the big dogs, I should probably get on their level. I have some serious back issues, and instead of spending my money on real clubs, I'm choosing to use it on here. This isn't my first forum. Where I went wrong, was in my first reply. I took the bait and started defending myself. When all I should have done was simply say thanks for the advice, but I'm allowed to make suggestions in a suggestions thread. 

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:10 AM

xAmazingTrace:
    The higher level clubs do make a difference.

Those lvl 90 TMs you use aren't that much different to my Nikes. Nevertheless if its a slower meter you're after then the lvl 97 iron set is the go. I also used the lvl 90 TMs for quite some time so am familiar with the differences.

The Nikes have a 3.5 meter speed, and the best player on WGT uses them, coupled with a lvl 61 TM ball..... 

Each to their own but I prefer my clubs to all have a similar meter speed.

Regarding drivers, my Big Bertha (287) compares very well with my Titleist (291) - a few extra yards isn't a big deal when teeing off from the carpark and approaching with 5-3 iron or even a 3 wood on a few of the holes as you know.

Stay safe

Mike

Edit: For your own interest check this player out - Boyet10659. He's level 96, using 80s level irons...

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:51 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 6:33 AM

TopShelf2010:

JSmithers:
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN LOL 

Man, I hope this is on Twitch.

Make it happen folks

Don

Sorry but it wont be happening . Robert was right when he said I dont care about such things . I`m a casual player and always have been . I`ve got nothing to prove and never had anything to prove . I dont even really play anymore other than some stroke play just to hit the ball .

So the show is over now move along . Nothing to see here folks , nothing at all . Have a nice day . :-)

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 9:49 AM

xAmazingTrace:
    I was going to post my reply, but this pretty much sums it up. Even though Lonnie said he was trying to be helpful, and I can appreciate the gesture, I wasn't asking for help. I was asking WGT to put the juice more inline with the other XP boost price that is in the membership. That's really it. And Lonnie, when I sited your record, it wasn't a slam. It was in reference to the fact that you don't play competitively for credits. That is something I have started to do. And at that level, it is harder to compete with lower level equipment. So if I'm gonna run with the big dogs, I should probably get on their level. I have some serious back issues, and instead of spending my money on real clubs, I'm choosing to use it on here. This isn't my first forum. Where I went wrong, was in my first reply. I took the bait and started defending myself. When all I should have done was simply say thanks for the advice, but I'm allowed to make suggestions in a suggestions thread. 

Trace,

I should have simply remained a bystander in following this thread. Was in a foul mood to begin with and my response to it was over the top. For that I apologize. I wish you the best!

RSS