Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler: Really That Scary?

Sat, Nov 28 2020 6:51 AM (25 replies)
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 6:55 AM

Great to see Whistler and Cabo in brackets as a last hurrah before December 29th.

Thing is, brackets with Whistler rounds are filling at a snails pace.

100cr 9 hole brackets and 200cr 18 hole brackets normally fill pretty quickly, but both have taken near on 6 hours to fill four spots.

One can only assume the thought of copping 13s greens in the Whistler rounds has frightened people off.

C'mon ppl, enjoy the free rounds at Whistler and Cabo while it lasts because more than likely WGT golfers will never see them again after December.

• pjsbush74
    359 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 11:55 AM

It is maybe because mobile players cant acces these brackets anymore because we dont get whistler we cant access brackets the 50 credit 100 and 200 ones have not been available for us to enter today for some reason maybe thats why 

• Notajedi
    36 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 11:58 AM

Problem is the brackets with whistler and cabo don't show up as playable for mobile/tablet players, I've not checked but probably the early access/steam players have the same issue.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 12:06 PM

I would have entered, but you can't play then on PCEA. Those brackets aren't even available on the PCEA menu.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 1:06 PM

BPeterson8256:

I would have entered, but you can't play then on PCEA. Those brackets aren't even available on the PCEA menu.

+1

And that's the only reason why the signups are slow. I play on flash only, but tend to sign up onmobile during work. Couldn't do it before I got home to a PC.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 1:20 PM

BPeterson8256:

I thought something was going on. So, no Whistler or Cabo if you're playing on PCEA.

I reckon the reason why PCEA is so bad is because its a deliberate and devious ploy to facilitate players' conversion to the mobile platform. 

I reckon PCEA will be dead in a year, leaving only the mobile platform - which isn't ideal but walks all over the PCEA Launcher platform.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 4:33 PM

Miantiao:

I thought something was going on. So, no Whistler or Cabo if you're playing on PCEA.

I reckon the reason why PCEA is so bad is because its a deliberate and devious ploy to facilitate players' conversion to the mobile platform. 

I reckon PCEA will be dead in a year, leaving only the mobile platform - which isn't ideal but walks all over the PCEA Launcher platform.

If Flash still existed, I would never go back. PCEA is so much more enjoyable. It plays way better than flash ever did. Yes, it takes a little time to get use to, but once you do, everything about it seems better. 

Having not played Flash for a few months, I tried to play it today so I could play Whistler and Cabo. The graphics in Flash seem like watching an old worn out VHS tape. The biggest difference that I had forgot about, was with Flash I got use to timing the slide on the meter. When I click on Flash, it always slides farther. In PCEA, the meter stops exactly when you click. Playing Flash for a few holes I was late on every shot. Then when I went back to PCEA I was early on every shot until I got use to the instant reaction again. I am not talking about the speed of the meter. I am talking about the reaction time of the click on the mouse.

I don't know anyone that has really given PCEA a chance that would go back. Although I am guessing I might hear from them now. 😂🤣

I do admit, it took me a week or two to really get use to PCEA, and another month for my putting to catch up with the slightly different look on the greens. After that, I began playing better than I ever had. 

Give it a real chance and I think you will like it.

Brett

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 7:29 PM

BPeterson8256:
    The graphics in Flash seem like watching an old worn out VHS tape.

Most people have said the opposite. I don't understand how anyone can honestly say that PCEA has better graphics than Flash.

BPeterson8256:
    When I click on Flash, it always slides farther. In PCEA, the meter stops exactly when you click.

I find this statement astonishing.

The meter is the number one problem with the PCEA platform, followed by putting, and a few other problems which have been commented on numerous times in other posts. 

BPeterson8256:
    Give it a real chance and I think you will like it.

I've given it plenty of chances, its rubbish.

Perhaps the mobile game on an iPad, maybe. Still not ideal compared to Flash but the only real option left.

It was good while it lasted, and Steve Jobs is to blame for its demise, all because he was jealous of Adobe.

Mike

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 6:50 AM

Agreed at first I didnt like the new Early Access but after a few tries I never went back to Flash and it has been 4 months

• goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 12:38 PM

Is it just me or is wgt messing up bracket play too... play St. Andys at a supposed to be Moderate winds.. Not   7 of 9 holes were into winds of between 25 - 32 mph... i got out even.. usually shoot 4 - 7 under.

RSS