Forums

Help › Forums

NEED PCEA HELP...

Tue, Nov 3 2020 2:55 PM (27 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 10:12 PM

Ok by now most of you that know me know I have been very outspoken about the Cartoon like  PCEA version and I was one of the most vocal about NEVER playing it ....

I put in countless hours of research on how to keep the "True" WGT game the FLASH Version up and running and playable on our end and although I found away to do that SAFELY .....WGT has decided to drop the bomb announcement that THEY will remove the flash version Dec 29th regardless of the fact the a lot of us have set-ups that would allow us to continue playing the flash version knowing full well the very minimal amount of risk on OUR end that would entail ....

But I digress ....I am not trying to Bash WGT they went the route that works for them...

So after hearing this disturbing news my immediate plan was to play till the beginning of Dec.... try  to make Tour Champ for sh*ts and giggles and spend the last few weeks looking for someone to take ownership of The Founders Club (I poured my heart and soul into building up TFC) and then it was Sayonara WGT !!!

But here is my Dilemma ...I have made friends with so many of you out there and met some really good people here (a few sh*t heads but we all have met them lol) So departing and starting all over again on PGA 2k21 or somewhere else sounds exhausting !! 

SO.....All that being said I will give PCEA one last REAL try ....I need some help with a few things...

Number 1 huge issue ...No matter what resolution I set game to in the "WINDOW" mode my screen gets completely cut of at the bottom and cant even see the meter or icons on the main WGT screen...

You can see by both images the bottom of my screen is completely cut off

Now when I go to "Full screen" its fine BUT I can not shrink screen to access any of my icons on My laptop home screen like "Skype" for instance so playing PCEA and using Skype is not possible...When I first tried using PCEA few months ago you where able to use the ESC key to bring you to your PC home screen to open other windows but now when I hit ESC the launcher says "Are you sure you want to end your game"?

Number 2 ....where the heck in the settings is this new option of turning the apparel Boost crap on/off?

Number 3...How to I save a round and continue the round later...On flash I would just close the browser and it would bring you right back that round when you came back? Or you could chose the option "Close browser and save game" to be extra cautious... 

I'm sure I will have more questions but lets start with just 3 lol...

Thanks for listening

JD

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 11:04 PM

1.) Screen issue : Try THIS. I have other options if this doesn't work for you.

2.) Apparel boost : You turn this on and off in the game set up screen.

3.) Save game : No need to worry about this, just close the game and it'll give you an option to resume when you open
    it again. (Depends on the game type though).

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 1:37 AM

I am in similiar situation jd ..

But well behind the curve as i have never played new game .

But most of us know come january we will all be signing in and giving it a go .

I have just reached tour legend with my starter balls so have no real ambitions left on going higher so the pressure is off me that way .

I can just mess about feeling my way around the new set up .

Have fun out there guys .

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 5:49 AM

JD, this happens cause your monitor's native resolution is low. What exactly is your native resolution? If it is 1366 x 768, you can't be playing window mode. Either you go with Scott's solution, either you play fullscreen mode and you hit the windows button to lower down to taskbar the game if you want to use another program. There is no option to save the round and finish it later. You exit and if it is a ranked round, it resumes automatically.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 5:51 AM

ScottHope:
    3.) Save game : No need to worry about this, just close the game and it'll give you an option to resume when you open

Thank you Scott as ALWAYS your quick to help!! 

So just about problem 3...You say "Just close the game" How do I do that lol....There is no "X" button and when I'm in full screen I can't seem to get it off my screen without "End game" option which I believe will end the current round? 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 5:54 AM

JDGHOST:

ScottHope:

Thank you Scott as ALWAYS your quick to help!! 

So just about problem 3...You say "Just close the game" How do I do that lol....There is no "X" button and when I'm in full screen I can't seem to get it off my screen without "End game" option which I believe will end the current round? 

Windows button------right click---close window

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 5:56 AM
    And just a last thing...pick 1024 x 768 fullscreen mode, or else you will be playing any course cropped.
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 6:40 AM

Yiannis1970:
    And just a last thing...pick 1024 x 768 fullscreen mode, or else you will be playing any course cropped.

Yes my friend that is the option I have been using 👍 It "seems" to look closest to  Flash screen...

Problems 2 & 3 solved I can hit   Control/ESC and it takes me to my PC home screen and moves the "Launcher" to an Icon on task bar from there I can either "X"  it out  or open other windows such as Skype....

Thanks Scott & Yiannis

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 7:26 AM

A couple of things:

Put a hat/cap on your player and change his clothes. These make his appearance far more tolerable.

The game is highly configurable. The circled numbers which appear on the fairway give views from that point.  Press the number on your keyboard to access that point.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 11:40 AM

JDGHOST:
    I can not shrink screen to access any of my icons on My laptop home screen like "Skype" for instance so playing PCEA and using Skype is not possible.

As you and Yiannis have noted, both Ctrl+Esc and hitting the Windows key will minimize your WGT screen.  

Another way to quickly switch between apps (eg. between the WGT PC app and Skype) is by hitting Alt+Tab.

RSS