Sat, Jan 2 2021 1:32 PM (120 replies)
  • WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 8:14 AM

borntobesting:

jayw4862:

WGTChampion:

Why can’t I keep playing Flash anyway?

After Flash support ends, the way to continue using Flash content would be by installing outdated browsers and versions of the Flash plugin. These solutions may present security issues for a player since both flash and web browsers update regularly to add improved user and system security.

Does the mean that if players are willing to take a risk (older browsers and flash player), they can still play WGT on flash? 

We can hope and try but i sort of doubt it.,

WGTChampion:

WGT Community, 

As you may already know Adobe is discontinuing Flash at the end of this year, so we're officially announcing that the last day WGT will be playable on Flash is December 29, 2020. WGT will, of course, continue to be available on multiple other platforms, including mobile and PC.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 12:45 PM

@WGTShamWow

Yeah, we know but what he's asking is basically would it be possible to leave the flash version open instead of putting access denial on it so that those who are willing to take risks would be still able to enjoy it the way they want?

Shouldn't be that hard for WGT 'cause all you guys need to do is putting up a warning message "Do it at your own risk. We hold no responsibility for whatever problem it may cause. Blah blah..."

It'll be good for your business too since old faithful guys will keep on spending money on balls and equipment. You got nothing to lose, I suppose?

I'd like to add a little if I may... As a matter of fact, I am an exclusive mobile player from the beginning so I couldn't care less about flash, even more so after getting so disgusted at first by some idiotic flash supremacists always underestimating and putting down the mobile players.

But then I could see and feel the love and the passion of some of old guys here for flash, the way they've enjoyed the game. If I were them, imagining what if the mobile was to be gone instead of flash, the answer was clear : I would have done the same. Do all you can to hold on to it. In that sense, I really believe it's not fair the way WGT forces players to migrate from one to the other, especially when they are not convinced or feeling comfortable with. I do strongly recommend you guys to reconsider. This is not the right way to treat your old fans...

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 1:35 PM

ScottHope:

Try THIS.

Thank you, that worked. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 1:58 PM
    Great post Simon.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 2:02 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

@WGTShamWow

Yeah, we know but what he's asking is basically would it be possible to leave the flash version open instead of putting access denial on it so that those who are willing to take risks would be still able to enjoy it the way they want?

All in for that idea.  Where do I sign the release? :-)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 2:13 PM

sesky:

Since Cabo and Whistler are going away, I'm hoping that that cost of WGT Premier package will be dropping in cost ( probably wishful thinking ) as free greens fees are part of that package.

I was hoping since they are free for the rest of the year that they would let us use them in CC tourneys but so far Champion has not replied to my  message either way, 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 2:19 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

@WGTShamWow

Shouldn't be that hard for WGT 'cause all you guys need to do is putting up a warning message "Do it at your own risk. We hold no responsibility for whatever problem it may cause. Blah blah..."

It'll be good for your business too since old faithful guys will keep on spending money on balls and equipment. You got nothing to lose, I suppose?

I'd like to add a little if I may... As a matter of fact, I am an exclusive mobile player from the beginning so I couldn't care less about flash, even more so after getting so disgusted at first by some idiotic flash supremacists always underestimating and putting down the mobile players.

But then I could see and feel the love and the passion of some of old guys here for flash, the way they've enjoyed the game. If I were them, imagining what if the mobile was to be gone instead of flash, the answer was clear : I would have done the same. Do all you can to hold on to it. In that sense, I really believe it's not fair the way WGT forces players to migrate from one to the other, especially when they are not convinced or feeling comfortable with. I do strongly recommend you guys to reconsider. This is not the right way to treat your old fans...

That's a HUGE +1 You know where I stand

I've already been on an older browser and Adobe with ALL updates disabled for some 5 months with zero "Security" issue's ...

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 2:21 PM

sesky:

Since Cabo and Whistler are going away, I'm hoping that that cost of WGT Premier package will be dropping in cost ( probably wishful thinking ) as free greens fees are part of that package.

I recently bought the Premier Pass. Discount pricing sounds fair but what about the ones who have it  now.  I would be happy with a sleeve or 2 of my current ball to make up the diff. Can always hope. Cheers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 5:10 PM

JDGHOST:
    I've already been on an older browser and Adobe with ALL updates disabled for some 5 months with zero "Security" issue's ...

Same here only going years back. LOL

I wouldn't mind some sort of subscription to offset the cost of whatever it would take for them to hang onto it.  :-)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 6:28 PM

borntobesting:
    I was hoping since they are free for the rest of the year that they would let us use them in CC tourneys but so far Champion has not replied to my  message either way

That would be awesome!! Nice parting gift from WGT's flash game :-)

RSS