Help › Forums

NO Play Now Option through Safari Now?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 17 2021 1:41 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • EK2019
    36 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 8:11 AM

Hello guys, I cannot play anymore through my web browser. The Play Now button is no longer available, just a download the app button which leads me to another page that just asks me to sign up for a new account...? What happened? Anybody else having this problem. I do NOT want to play through the desktop or Mobile app....?

Thanks for any advice

Eric

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 8:32 AM

A friend in Oz having the same problem on his Mac. Entered a tournament from the country club tournament page, which opened the game client up to play, then bookmarked the game client to favorites.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 2:11 PM

From what I understand the Safari browser has ended flash support. This may be what is causing the issue. 

_CHAMPION 

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 2:49 PM

Try accessing the gameclient via the direct link.

• ScottHope
    10,077 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:18 PM

Try installing an old version of Safari and tie a knot in it to stop it updating.

Safari Old Versions

Or use another browser that still runs flash.

• 1leggedblindman
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 12:59 PM

I understand WGT was sold. I used to play at lowest level, my account still shows up if I bring up the sign in page but I haven't been able to actually play a game in months. I think it has something to do with the new owners trying to make money. It used to be fun, might still be if I could actually figure out the new secret. More trouble than it's worth now, real shame.

• 1leggedblindman
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 1:10 PM

Could be, so I switched to Chrome and gave it a try = NADA. Why must folks insist on re-inventing the wheel. You used to have a good game. Now? Just a world class headache. It's just a game guys, not a mission to Mars.

• ScottHope
    10,077 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 3:15 PM

Find the new game HERE.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 4:41 PM

People!!!!!  The game is no longer run in a browser, as you know it, it is only run from the launcher as a stand alone game, with a download.  The play now button is no longer the way to access the game.  It takes you where you can download the game, or follow Scott's link.

• ScottHope
    10,077 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2021 1:04 AM

garyk49:
    The play now button is no longer the way to access the game.

It hasn't always, but it does launch the game for me now.

• PAGES
RSS