Forums

Help › Forums

A couple quick questions from a new player:

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2020 9:41 AM (7 replies)
  • bradner604
    1,711 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 4:44 PM

I'm trying to understand how many lifetime coins I need to save to get a pretty decent set of clubs that would serve me well for quite a while for this game - maybe a couple years of daily playing? 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 9:02 PM

I can answer some of your questions . Someone’s surplus clubs cannot be gifted to anyone , at anytime. The owner of surplus clubs can only sell them and perhaps use the credits they get to buy you clubs. Clubs can only be bought up to your level , you cannot buy clubs above your level except under certain conditions. Those being if they are bought as part of a bundle. 
    It is only credits that buy most clubs , not coins. Some clubs can be rented using the coins , but not very good ones. The coins are used to play in the coins rooms in one on one match play. You need to either buy credits , or watch videos, do surveys or take up offers , to gain credits. You are allowed to watch 75 videos per day to earn 150 free credits per day.

If you play mobile in the app , those ctth courses you mention , are only ctth courses you cannot play them as full courses in mobile.

I am level 118 and I still do my sponsorship for apparel , mainly because if you can max out your apparel you get greater attributed benefits and win higher level of coins. Those coins I then use to play in higher coin room matches in turf war. You need coins also to upgrade apparel.
    Personally I would say you should by now be playing ranked rounds , but it’s entirely up to you , in order to progress to the higher tiers , the ranked rounds is the most used method of getting there, though in mobile there are other methods too.  
    hope that answers most questions , feel free if further explanation is required , to come back  

• bradner604
    1,711 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 5:04 AM

Thank-you. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 11:26 AM

The easiest thing to do is just make sure you do your videos for 150 every day without fail. You will also needs credits if you want to buy passes to play turf wars or clashes , and buy balls , so you can never have too many credits. Just look at pro shop and calculate the purchase of clubs you are likely to need , if you go for top clubs at level 100 , you are probably looking at around 20k . But if you buy cheaper clubs and work your way up you can sell back club as you progress. My only recommendation is to buy the best you can afford and don’t bother buying expensive balls till you have clubs you are satisfied with. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 12:32 PM

bradner604:
    I'm trying to understand how many lifetime coins I need to save to get a pretty decent set of clubs that would serve me well for quite a while for this game - maybe a couple years of daily playing?

Hi bradner604,

I see you joined our country club yesterday.  Welcome!

In our CC forum, under Quick Links, there is a guide that I think will answer this question, along with some specific club recommendations.  The guide is called "EasyEdward's Club Upgrade Suggestions".  Take a look at that and see what you think.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 1:43 PM

bradner604:
    On the courses where there's only one choice - CTTH, am I safe to play that and now risk having my ranking move up?
    No ranking by CTTH etc. - only by ranked strokeplay (no practice rounds).

bradner604:
    You guys that are over level 100, do you still collect coins?
    You get permanent clubs by buying them with credits, not coins.

bradner604:
    can I be gifted a club that is above my current level?
    Nope, and any clubs or balls designated to tiers above Pro can't be gifted either.

Only WGT personnel may break your Level limits.

• YankeeDPB
    14 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 10:36 PM

Try to collect as many credits as you can each day and identify the clubs & balls that you want to use as you advance through the tiers well before you need them - as you move up tiers you progressively move the back tees and the courses naturally get longer.

Best advice I ever received here was to aim to have enough credits in advance of hitting the level when the piece of equipment you want unlocks and to keep an eye on the flash sales that occur on a regular basis.   If the club you want is in the flash sale you can purchase it a discount price.

• bradner604
    1,711 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 9:41 AM

Thanks!

RSS