Forums

Help › Forums

Flash Completely Gone Now Except In Game Client?

Fri, Apr 9 2021 3:32 AM (24 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 4:37 PM

twinponds169:

At least was still able to view my friends list and change status from my profile page. Now it looks like the only way to view that is by opening the game client?

A minor nuisance for sure but the messaging still apears to work.

When you think about it, what's viewing your friends list good for, seeing who's on or whatever. Like what purpose does it serve. If you want a game you'll see them when you're ready to play and the IMs still  let you set it up.  :-)

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 6:44 PM

Friends list for me in same place its always been??? Not sure I follow...

• JPBeal
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 9:08 PM

Steve,

I figured out how to make it work on my MacBook Pro. I couldn't get past the start page. So I logged in to wgt.com on another laptop (with windows) and it came up with the START button on the left, like normal. I clicked on START and it took me to the menu page with the golf course in the background. I wrote down the web address for this page:

www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

I typed that into my Safari browser and it took me to the same menu with the golf course in the background, as a guest. There is a LOGIN in the middle of the page. After logging in, everything is normal and you can play wgt again. 

JPBeal

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 5:22 AM

JDGHOST:
    Friends list for me in same place its always been???

That's the only place you can see it, it's no longer visible on the main site or your profile.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 6:44 AM
    YankeeJim:

twinponds169:

At least was still able to view my friends list and change status from my profile page. Now it looks like the only way to view that is by opening the game client?

A minor nuisance for sure but the messaging still apears to work.

When you think about it, what's viewing your friends list good for, seeing who's on or whatever. Like what purpose does it serve. If you want a game you'll see them when you're ready to play and the IMs still  let you set it up.  :-)

Real scenario: You are green on game client and you are waitin to be populated with friends. You take a look on the forum or on your profile page. You could see who turns green on the list. You go back to game page, call him and you play. Now...you can't do anymore these things.
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 7:02 AM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:
    Friends list for me in same place its always been???

That's the only place you can see it, it's no longer visible on the main site or your profile.

For the last 8 months been like this for me. At that point of time, it was a rare scenario n there was no response to address this issue. I didn't bother much as I was not doing any multi games n not gona bother now as iam a full time launcher player.

TBH I don't think they will curb this issue as flash is gona end real soon in 2 months. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 9:05 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Real scenario: You are green on game client and you are waitin to be populated with friends. You take a look on the forum or on your profile page

I've never done that because whatever the game client said, the main page had the same info. If they weren't green in the game client they weren't green on the main site list.

If I ever want to see if somebody's on, just hidden, I go to their profile page where their status is displayed.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2020 3:51 PM

JDGHOST:

Friends list for me in same place its always been??? Not sure I follow...

This is what they are talking about. The Friends list used to be under the "get the app" on the main screen. Now you must go to the game client page like you are on.     

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 3:35 AM

YankeeJim:

Yiannis1970:
    Real scenario: You are green on game client and you are waitin to be populated with friends. You take a look on the forum or on your profile page

I've never done that because whatever the game client said, the main page had the same info. If they weren't green in the game client they weren't green on the main site list.

If I ever want to see if somebody's on, just hidden, I go to their profile page where their status is displayed.

I didn't say anything of this you are commenting...i did say that while you were on site's page (profile, forum etc) you could see who's available and who's not instead of going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth on gameclient page to do the same. Plus, in case someone was inviting you to play you could see the box turning green.Hope it's cleared now

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 3:58 AM

Indeed, in my profile I can no longer see the list of friends, and I have to open the game lobby to see it. To date I have not had any problem with the FLASH, but I have seen this message on me for a few days

RSS