Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 9/29/20 ***

Thu, Oct 1 2020 6:59 AM (20 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 5:01 PM

Hi everyone,

We will have a downtime tonight starting at 10pm PDT. Expected downtime is 2 hours. 

Happy hitting,

-WGTicon

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 5:23 PM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

We will have a downtime tonight starting at 10pm PDT. Expected downtime is 2 hours. 

Happy hitting,

-WGTicon

I posted it in WGT Nation just now

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 5:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 4:09 AM

Now there is a little notice on the main page that friend's lists are viewable only on the game client page, but going there and looking at the friends list, the list keeps resetting to the top as it always has done, very frustrating, which is why it's much easier finding friends on the main page. Why the change?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 4:50 AM
    • New Daily Free Coins system
    • Creating an option to speed up the dots on the greens on putts to match Flash. This would be a game settings option for long-term players to have an experience closer to what they were used to.
    • Option to Enable/Disable Apparel Bonuses in multiplayer game setup
    • Rollout of classic WGT apparel from the Flash game. (Players who already own these outfits in Flash will receive them automatically for free.)
    • Improving the aim marker on putts so it's no longer in the way when using the reverse camera

What did we get, candy corn pants

Thats going to sway people to try the NV

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 6:08 AM
    I want to schedule our alt tourney match but hate playing important games during the clash. Does anyone know whether it will be this weekend or the weekend of the 10th?
  • AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 6:22 AM

largemouth51:
    I want to schedule our alt tourney match but hate playing important games during the clash. Does anyone know whether it will be this weekend or the weekend of the 10th?

It should be starting late tonight.

• nopro17
    16,102 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 6:33 AM

pearljammmmer:

Now there is a little notice on the main page that friend's lists are viewable only on the game client page, but going there and looking at the friends list, the list keeps resetting to the top as it always has done, very frustrating, which is why it's much easier finding friends on the main page. Why the change?

It's more than just the friends list.

As the owner of a big club, I receive requests to join almost every day with multiple requests coming in on the same day.

I was able to keep My Profile open in a browser window and glance at it periodically to see if somebody wants to join my club.

Now, I have to fire up the game client to see that.

Seriously?

Not only that, it seems that the join requests only appear in the Flash version.  If there is some place to accept a request in the Early Access version, I don't see it.  I'm going to assume that once the Flash version is no longer available, the EA version will have some ability to accept a new member.

What happens if I send an invitation to join the club?  Is the game client the only place for the person to see it?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 7:46 AM

nopro17:

pearljammmmer:

It's more than just the friends list.

As the owner of a big club, I receive requests to join almost every day with multiple requests coming in on the same day.

I was able to keep My Profile open in a browser window and glance at it periodically to see if somebody wants to join my club.

Now, I have to fire up the game client to see that.

Seriously?

Not only that, it seems that the join requests only appear in the Flash version.  If there is some place to accept a request in the Early Access version, I don't see it.  I'm going to assume that once the Flash version is no longer available, the EA version will have some ability to accept a new member.

What happens if I send an invitation to join the club?  Is the game client the only place for the person to see it?

+1. 

This is extremely frustrating. I want to be able to see which of my club's members are online, or if I have received any game/friend/country club invites whenever I log in.

I am more often online but not playing, while I work on stuff to do with my country club, and now there is no way I can even be certain that I have my status set to busy or invisible without firing up the game client or EA. It's an additional layer of an ongoing aggravation that comes with no explanation of the rationale, as is too often the case.

I expect it has something to do with the disappearance of flash as WGT weeds out all instances of it, but if so the information they are consequently removing is not adequately being replicated elsewhere, and as a result they are making it harder to play and narrowing the overall functionality of the game.

I have enjoyed playing the EA version and have tried to speak optimistically about that, but as a country club owner they are making life harder and less enjoyable with each new update, and much of what I did that was once easy is now a tedious chore.

The increasing user-unfriendliness is making this user feel unfriendly.

• sueomeara
    2,913 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 8:13 AM

Hi,

I couldn't agree more as a club owner what was easy and took not time at all now takes forever and I get RSI from doing it, setting club tourniies is a marathon now. It all used to be on one page so you could see what you were doing now it's turn a page, turn a page etc takes three times as long to do 1 tourny.

RSS