Help › Forums

Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020

Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:28 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:08 AM

BogeyOne:
    Let's not overlook the countless thousands that will still be able to play on their mobile devices and spend money for WGT goodies. Slap me if I am wrong, hug me if I am right.

The "countless thousands" playing on mobile devices were already playing on them, the income was flash and them. I don't imagine too many going from playing on the flash game on their computers to playing the other game on their phone.

Also I don't really see those playing on the commute or whatever paying £200+ for a good set of sticks or £10 for a set of balls or whatever.  Some rentals and a few £'s for some magic is as far as the majority will go.

The point is that it'd be stupid to leave the countless numbers  (I'm not sure where to pitch them) of the 10m downloads playing on flash behind until they absolutely have to.  That's why I don't think the flash game will end on Dec 31st.

I don't think physical contact in either mentioned form, or any other, is merited :-)

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:10 PM

Robert1893:

lonniescott711:
    Then if you are aware that this topic has been discussed why ask the question ? You have all of the answers in other posts about flash ending .

+1

If you gentlemen would actually take the time to read the article that the OP referenced in his post (and the other articles linked in that article), you'll find that there's actually some new and useful information in there that hasn't been previously posted here in the WGT Forums.  So maybe cut him a little slack.

ScottHope:

dieplz:

Charming username.

Charming (and useless) reply.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:28 PM

SamSpayed:
    If you gentlemen would actually take the time to read the article that the OP referenced in his post (and the other articles linked in that article), you'll find that there's actually some new and useful information in there that hasn't been previously posted here in the WGT Forums.  So maybe cut him a little slack.

Well, I take your word on that.

But what everyone is responding to is not the article, but the op's question, which was:

Will this game be ported/redevelloped to HTML5, WebGL(, Unity)?

I guess maybe I don't understand the question. But since WGT has the downloads for both Windows and Mac as well as the Steam version, hasn't that question been effectively answered? 

• PAGES
RSS