IOS 14 & credits

Tue, Oct 6 2020 2:31 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sparfel2956
    98 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:37 PM

Hello

Since IOS 14 update, cannot reset ads.

And so, I can no longer have the 150 daily credits.

Do you have the same problem ?

Is there a solution to have the 150 credits again?

Thank you for your answers.

Sparfel 2956

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 4:31 PM

@Sparfel2956 

After I updated to iOS 14 that was one of the first things I noticed as well.

I have found, however, if I just close out the app and come back about 10 minutes later there are more videos to view. I've still been able to get my 150 per day.

But this could end up being a huge YMMV situation. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2020 7:55 AM

After update I could only get one or two videos before having to exit app and come back in. Until I remembered that resetting advertiser helped in the past. Go to settings, privacy,advertising and reset advertising identifier. And afterwards came back to normal 7 videos before closing out and immediately coming back till all 150 credits are gained.

• Sparfel2956
    98 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2020 1:20 PM

I called Apple Support. Since the IOS 14 update, it is no longer possible to reset ads.

The only solution found at the moment when there are no more ads available is to quit the application for 10 to 15 minutes and relaunch it to get 10 to 30 credits.

J'ai appelé l'assistance Apple. Depuis la mise à jour d'IOS 14, il n'est plus possible de réinitialiser les publicités.

La seule solution trouvée pour le moment quand il n'y a plus de publicités disponibles est de quitter l'application pendant 10 à 15 minutes et de la relancer pour obtenir 10 à 30 crédits.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2020 7:23 PM

Bossbird what these guys are talking about is that Apple is currently updating all its device operation systems (IOS 13 to IOS 14) and part of that is that they have changed the way they handle advertising in the settings. You can no longer manually reset your devices advertising ID in the new IOS version. 

I think the only real solution will be to close the app and restart it. You may need to wait a while to allow it to “reset” on its own??? So you may need to break up your video viewing into multiple smaller sessions to hit your 150 daily limit rather than watching all 75 videos at the same time ???

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2020 8:24 PM

MarchieB:
    I think the only real solution will be to close the app and restart it. You may need to wait a while to allow it to “reset” on its own??? So you may need to break up your video viewing into multiple smaller sessions to hit your 150 daily limit rather than watching all 75 videos at the same time ???

That's the only solution I've found so far. 

It seems to affect my iPhone more than my iPad. But it's too early to tell if there's an actual difference between the two or only an apparent one. 

Still, I'm able to get to the 150 per day. Just takes a bit more time. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2020 12:40 PM

MarchieB:

Bossbird what these guys are talking about is that Apple is currently updating all its device operation systems (IOS 13 to IOS 14) and part of that is that they have changed the way they handle advertising in the settings. You can no longer manually reset your devices advertising ID in the new IOS version. 

Thanks Marchie , I see I am still on iOS 13 so looks like I have this to look forward to tomorrow ! 

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2020 8:19 AM

Apple issued the first update/bug fix to iOS 14 yesterday. It does not address the reset advertiser issue either.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2020 9:00 AM

Cicero733:

Apple issued the first update/bug fix to iOS 14 yesterday. It does not address the reset advertiser issue either.

I'd be surprised if they would. I seriously doubt Apple views it as an issue. 

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2020 9:11 AM

You are correct. Apple is masking user ID info from advertisers by default. At present there are no plans to revert to the former user allowable settings.

• PAGES
RSS