Forums

Help › Forums

Friends List

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:41 AM (4 replies)
  • kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:11 AM

As of tonight for some reason I cannot get the Flashplayer version of WGT to work.   So I have had to resort to the Launcher version is still very clunky and nowhere near the accuracy or sophistication of the Flash version in my humble opinion.   One aspect is in being able to see which of your friends are on line, thus making it incredibly easy to set up a game.   

So the website version of WGT says:  Your online status and friend list are available in the game's Friends menu.

If you click on that link, all you get is enable Flashplayer which gives you the shot below, i.e. no friends list ... 

Is this a bug? or ?

Thanks (a 9 year+ player) Kay

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:14 AM

kdownunder:

As of tonight for some reason I cannot get the Flashplayer version of WGT to work.   So I have had to resort to the Launcher version is still very clunky and nowhere near the accuracy or sophistication of the Flash version in my humble opinion.   One aspect is in being able to see which of your friends are on line, thus making it incredibly easy to set up a game.   

So the website version of WGT says:  Your online status and friend list are available in the game's Friends menu.

If you click on that link, all you get is enable Flashplayer which gives you the shot below, i.e. no friends list ... 

Is this a bug? or ?

Thanks (a 9 year+ player) Kay

K, you must be running a browser that doesn't allow flash to run without jumping through hoops.  I am running win7 on this computer, that page you show is an https page and it won't show friends, no https page will, as now most pages within WGT are that.  If you can get to your profile, you will see your friends list as usual.  I tried many different browsers that will and will not allow flash to run. I never got back to that page, it always went to the game client page.  Browsers that allowed my older version of flash to run, the client came up.  Others said my flash was out of date and would not allow me to go further, without updating flash.  Win 10 may work different.  I can't try it on mine as it does not have flash loaded at all, on it.  I run a version of Torch for the forums and anything WGT except game play and it works just fine.  I use an older version of Slimjet to play the game.  Both of these handle flash just fine.  If you find a browser that works, turn off updating.  Win10 updating you can't do much about.  10 will eventually not allow flash to run.(December)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 5:24 PM

If it demands Flash, you are back to the classic WGT webpage which also omits the friends list in the first place. From there, you may get the friends list to show in the left column if you click on any player, opening his status page.

To me, this is a flaw in the Launcher version, which should be completely independent of  Flash.

One downside from the classic game is now that I don't see my invitation messages from the "get the app" version. It's only available via the game window or via a status page :(

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 9:26 PM

Thanks for your comments.

I can get to my profile page but still have no friends list.  I am on a Macbook Pro, OS Catalina 10.15 using Safari as browser.   I have tried Chrome but still have the same issue.

Kay

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:41 AM

kdownunder:

Thanks for your comments.

I can get to my profile page but still have no friends list.  I am on a Macbook Pro, OS Catalina 10.15 using Safari as browser.   I have tried Chrome but still have the same issue.

Kay

Sorry Kay, my comments were aimed at computer flash version, not the mobile/EA

RSS