Forums

Help › Forums

Can't play in the USGA events - why?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 15 2020 10:23 AM (5 replies)
  • HollywoodHogan82
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2020 8:31 AM

I can't figure out why when I try to enter the USGA Match Play tournament, it tells me "Sorry, you're not eligible for this tournament." It doesn't give any more details. The exact same thins happened to me earlier this year for the US Open Qualifier. I'm a Tour Pro - Level 38 and am located in the US...so why am I not eligible? I contacted customer service about this back when I couldn't get into the US Open Qualifier, and just got a cookie cutter "we're looking into it".

Can anyone help me figure this out? Thank you!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2020 11:47 AM

Are you less than 18 years old?  There are other requirements to be eligible to advance into the bracket part later on, but age is the only requirement i believe to play in qualifing.

• HollywoodHogan82
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2020 3:01 PM

I am over 18 years old.

Although I haven't seen anywhere in my profile etc where it asks age or birthday, so maybe it doesn't know whether I'm 18? I can't see anywhere to do that.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2020 3:13 PM

Apart from the country, the (US) state of residency may be in the mix, as some types of the game are considered differently between them, on the gambling side of it.

WGT is very eager NOT to break any of these laws - always on the safe side!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 9:55 AM

alosso:
    Apart from the country, the (US) state of residency may be in the mix, as some types of the game are considered differently between them, on the gambling side of it. WGT is very eager NOT to break any of these laws - always on the safe side!

Alosso, the way I read the eligibility rules (see below) are that anyone may enter the tournament as long as they are at least 18 yrs old, but that players who are outside the eligible Countries list cannot win prizes and will not move forward into the second round (Bracket Tourney)

" 2. Eligibility

Participation in the Contest is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older.  Note, however, that only individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Norway, Ireland, The Netherlands, and South Korea who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory ("province") of residence, whichever is greater are eligible to win prizes.  Only players who reside in countries eligible to win prizes will be entered into the bracket tournament. "

• HollywoodHogan82
    5 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 10:23 AM

And I'm from the US...so what am I doing wrong? haha

RSS