Forums

Help › Forums

County Fair Showdown

Sat, Sep 12 2020 8:55 PM (5 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 8:10 AM

I know this topic has been covered before, but I can't seem to find the right thread that discusses it.

I just had a player quit on the 3rd hole without forfeiting the game. When he couldn't reconnect, it would not let the game resume and gave me the bogey for the hole. Luckily it is not the final round and it is only one bogey so it shouldn't matter. After awhile there was a message that popped up saying something about "could not resume game".

My question is this. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Did my opponent do something to cause it? I have heard a lot about this, but it is the first time I have had it happen to me. 

Should I have exited out and tried to reconnect?

Just looking for info to try to prevent it in the future.

Brett

• Skylab02
    25 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 1:07 PM

BPeterson8256:

I know this topic has been covered before, but I can't seem to find the right thread that discusses it.

I just had a player quit on the 3rd hole without forfeiting the game. When he couldn't reconnect, it would not let the game resume and gave me the bogey for the hole. Luckily it is not the final round and it is only one bogey so it shouldn't matter. After awhile there was a message that popped up saying something about "could not resume game".

My question is this. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Did my opponent do something to cause it? I have heard a lot about this, but it is the first time I have had it happen to me. 

Should I have exited out and tried to reconnect?

Just looking for info to try to prevent it in the future.

Brett

Just had the other well-known glitch when trying to set up a showdown mach, the infamous 'oops' message which trying to reconnect won't solve. I closed the app and reopened expecting to see three bogies but it took me back to the home screen and I was able to set up the match without any problems.

Not sure what would happen if you're in the middle of a game though.

• District11South
    2 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 1:30 PM

I had similar problem where the same thing happened.  In addition on my next round two putts occurred when I only touch my IPad causing me a double bogey and pretty much dropped me out of the running.  

These glitches cost me 3 strokes.  It is a shame this happens during a tournament.

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 7:23 PM

Brett,i've had the same exprience. When i tried exiting and coming back it didn't work(got bogied).i've also tried waiting it out the 45or 90 seconds sometimes it works sometimes not. I've also had the game just continue on by myself like it should,and i've had it toss the whole 3 hole match out and have me play it again later under different conditions. So obviously wgt has made some progress but don't have it completely solved. Good luck.

• pjbhai
    23 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 9:36 AM

Hi,

I am pretty much on the same boat. After playing two courses, I just realized that the game by default gave me three bogies on hole 4, 5, 6. I did not forfeit (neither did my opponent) and did not even have issues with connection. So, after lying two under by the end of six holes, the game suggests that I am 1 over by the end of nine even though I just played six holes!

PJ

• MarshallMatlock
    24 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 8:55 PM

+1

Opponent forfeited on hole 3 of the County Fair Final Round. After I finished the hole, my card has Bogeys on holes 1-3 and -2 (my actual score) on holes 4-6 (which I haven't played).  It sounds like this is a recurring issue in Showdowns from the previous activity on the forums.

RSS